3.14.2010

Sunday

We really like going to my parents' house on Sunday evenings. It is especially nice now that our church time has moved up to 9 am. It used to be that we'd get out of our 1:30 church, eat dinner, and it would be pretty much dark and almost time for bed! I like the spring time change too. We forgot all about it this morning but thank heavens for cell phones that change automatically.
My parents had just gone a little ways down the road on a walk today (it was a toasty 45 degree day!) when we got there, so while Hailey slept inside, Matthew and I passed time waiting for my parents to come back out drawing with sidewalk chalk and practicing with my camera!
Matthew started drawing his own face, and then turned the job over to me to finish everyone else's face while he munched on a mini reese's :)
I just have to show you the incredible zoom I just discovered my camera has!!!! I've only ever zoomed indoors until today, and I wasn't impressed with what I saw because it never seemed to be abe to focus clearly. Well apparently I just needed to be in the great outdoors in natural light for this baby to show me what it can really do!!
You have to imagine this, I should have taken a picture without zooming and then a closeup so you could really appreciate it, but this is a LONG ways away. Next time I go out there I will take a unzoomed pic to compare. Not that really any of you care....but I am pretty excited!


I love his big dark eyes and lonnnnggg eyelashes...and the traces of chocolate regularly found around his lips.



3 comments:

The Andersens said...

Hey Melissa, I care how far away it was. Sweet Zoom!!! You have some great pics. Rexburg is the best you know, a toasty 45ยบ sounds good to me!

Family Fun said...

Great pictures.:)

I know how far that picture is and that is amazing!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

ya, that zoom is awesome, but that chocolate face takes the cake!;)