3.05.2010

In the sun he melted small small SMALL!

The weather is finally getting warm enough around here that we can enjoy some outside time! Yesterday Kim invited me and the kids on a "little" walk. I say it like that because it was quite the journey for my first WALK since Hailey was born. Yeah yeah, she's 4 weeks old and I should be able to walk up to campus just fine by now, but I am a lot weaker than I thought!! It felt really good to get that much exercise, but I am SORE today! Thanks Kim!!!! I need to do that more often!
Matthew was far more interested in pushing his stroller than riding in it, but when I asked him to get in he was a good boy and didn't complain even though I know he didn't want to. Halfway through the walk I let him out to stretch his legs a bit too. He thought that was the best and I was again surprised by his obedience when I asked him to get back in so we could get home before Hailey panicked about not being fed in over an hour! (that's why she's such a porker!!) He said something like "but I want to walk!" and I said "sister's hungry, we need to hurry home" and his reply was "okay, whatever mommy." as he climbed in. I am truly blessed to have such great kids.

I was so happy today to catch Matthew in the book corner. I am a READER, so it fills my heart with joy to think that Matthew might inherit the habit. I haven't actually had time to pick up a book for a little while (since Hailey was born) but Curt gave me "Brisingr" for Valentine's Day and I am looking forward to refreshing my memory before the next book in the series comes out. Thanks honey!!
We love our back door. Our apartment building and the one right next to us have a narrow ally nicknamed "the fishbowl" between their fronts. It kind of makes me feel awkward going in and out of the front door because then everyone knows how often (or infrequent) we go outside. And bringing in my groceries to the front door makes me feel doubly so. It's just weird to think that any one of my neighbors (as sweet as they all are) can examine exactly how much junk food (which is more than I care to admit) I buy at the grocery store. I know, I am WAY too self conscious! So that is one reason why we love the back door. Also it is incredibly convenient to the parking lot as seen below.
We have had to become front door users because of:
THIS

This is a close look at the LAKE in our back yard!!!! Ugh! This thing is about a foot deep and extends the length of the entire yard (even when it's hidden under snow. don't be fooled. You will sink right through that slushy snow into the "puddle") I told Curt today we need to get a raft and use it to paddle back and forth from car to apartment. That would be fun! It used to be an ice skating trail. I had great laughs watching Vicky and her kids trek across the frozen tundra and up the steep mini-hill to my back door when they were here!!! Jexten biffed it most every time! Matthew and I would wait and watch for them to walk across it just so we could giggle at the performance before us! :)



I can't wait for it to REALLY get warm. That way if there is still a puddle (perhaps from rain like last year) at least it will be warm enough to SPLASH in it! go HERE for a refresher on that fun! (Matthew and I had to re watch this movie today after skirting the lake on our walk to get the mail and talking about when he used to "splash". He was so little!!!!)



1 comment:

Family Fun said...

We had a lot of fun on the walk. Thanks for coming.:) Lets do it again soon.