3.19.2010

Matthew spent some quality time out in the freshly dried out sandbox. We were out here almost every day last summer, and Matthew didn't skip a beat coming back. He even asked me to play a couple of games that we used to play there like write the letters in the sand with a stick. I was surprised how well he remembered our games!

In this picture he asked me if I wanted to make a sand snowman like curious george made. :)

Hailey is getting super smiley! She's such a cute, fat, happy soul.



Matthew was helping my mom get out the various things needed for pizza when she noticed how tall Matthew has grown. Seems like just last summer his head could go right into the cupboard. Now he's as tall as her counter! Matthew loves it when we talk about how tall he is and he always wants to get measured.




It was Matthew's lucky day because Grandma patiently let Matthew help in all the steps to make the pizza.



In fact she even left him to do a lot of it himself! I remember the days when I was little and this was my job :) I have an amazing mom, but I think she's even happier being a grandma!!


It wasn't enough for Matthew to just place the olives, he had to cut them just like grandma did.




Some of you know (and like to tease me for) how much I enjoy rearanging my furniture. Well, it's an inherited trait. While we were over there the other night mom said she needed to borrow Curt's muscles to move the couches...again. :)




I have informed Curt that he can either object and complain every time I want to move the furniture, let me do it myself, or lovingly comply and help me out, because either way it will get done. I think my dad is to a point where he accepts that, but still likes to throw in the occasional "but why move it again?!"
I have noticed a lot of similarities I have with my mom as I get older and grow into my parenting and marriage patterns. I have also noticed a lot of traits that Curt has that remind me of my dad. just an interesting observation I thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Family Fun said...

Next time call me...I love to rearrange furniture. I too do it myself as to avoid the annoyed comments from my sweetheart.:)

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

i was just thinking today how much you remind me of mom lately. and how much i remind myself of dad. hmm. it's interesting how we grow into our parents.

Lyndsey Norr said...

Pizza! MMM!!! I remember a day of pizza making at your house. Sean was there too. That may or may not have also been the day when we were crowned Queens of the Cattails. I may have possibly ripped my pants that day as well. :)

Also, if I have to grow into a parent, I would like it to be my mama. I think all signs are pointing that way.