3.13.2010

First Ponytail

My baby had her first ponytail on her five week old birthday!
I took her to the doctor yesterday to get a cream to keep her sensitive face from breaking out.
She weighs 10 lbs 7 oz!
At 2 months matthew was 10 lbs 5 oz and at 4 months he was still only 13 lbs 7 oz. Right now he weighs about 28 lbs. I think Hailey will weigh that around 18 month at this rate!!! I am so glad that she is a healthy girl and a good eater!
The sun was out and it looked great outside, so I thought we'd go out for a walk. Looks can be deceiving! We got out a few block and started FREEZING because the wind picked up and it was cold! I didn't bring the stroller because Matthew wanted to walk. So to hurry my freezing kid home I gave Matthew a piggy back and had Hailey under my jacket in front in the moby with my camera hanging around my neck and I jogged the last two blocks home. It must've been a sight! Unfortunately we all have colds now. I don't know if it's a result of the cold walk or something else, but we've got it!
Hailey is daddy's little study buddy. He likes to take her pretty much wherever he goes in the house. It's so cute!


Just hanging out with daddy watching some t.v. This is when the cold hit us all at the same time! All we wanted to do was sit around, sniff, and sneeze.


Handsome little man!

I had an insight to the world of Matthew yesterday. I was sitting on the couch feeding Hailey for the thousandth time and Matthew climbed up on the couch.
Matthew: I want to hold Hailey
Me: not right now, she's eating
Matthew: NOW!
Me: maybe later bud
He then proceeds to grab my phone
Matthew: I call daddy?
Me: no, daddy is lifting weights and doesn't have his phone with him. Put my phone back please
And then I told him to about 3 more times before he finally did. Then he grabs the remote and wants to watch tv and I say no so he whines some and finally gives the remote to me after a couple of times of asking. Then he grabs one of the couch pillows and starts trying to rip the cover off.
Me: Matthew, don't take that off!
he ignores me and keeps pulling on it
Me: MATTHEW! Stop!
ignores me more
Me: Do you need a time out? Why are you trying to do everything you know you shouldn't?!
And so then Matthew just starts crying and hangs his shoulders in the most dejected way and it hit me.
ALL HE WANTED WAS MY ATTENTION.
and he didn't know how to ask for it
Whether I was just getting mad at him or not it's attention. And that's when I realize that he has not been asking for my exclusive attention in the way I expected, and that's seriously just the explanation for all of his moodiness and trouble seeking lately.
So I reached out and pulled that sweet little guy in for a nice, long hug.
and promised myself that I would play more with my boy.
We have had a great day today.




2 comments:

Family Fun said...

Sweet little pony tail.:)

It is so hard to be #1 all the time and then have little sister come and push in. But some one has to be the oldest in the family who comes first. It happens in every family and the oldest always seems to survive.:)

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

your post made me cry..... again. you are such a good mom.