(more phone pics)
If I said I won't mind leaving Rexburg when Curt graduates I would be lying. I will be very sad and yes, I will miss my mommy and daddy. Being close to them the last 5 years has been amazing! My favorite part is the close relationship my kids have been able to have with them. They always have some cool project or activity going on for the kids (and curt and I) to participate in!
Here the kids are playing in the truck as wood is sorted through for cutting for the wood burning stove and thrown in the trailer.



Growing up I had my horse that I showed for years and years. I considered myself kind of a farm girl/cowgirl although the only farm we had was alfalfa for our horses. I considered us horse people, I guess it runs in the blood. I sold my horse when I graduated high school so that I could live in an apartment near campus at USU. I always regret that move. USU is a GREAT school and I had a lot of fun and I grew up a ton, but I wish I would have just kept my horse (like wise Vicky did) and just moved with my parents to Idaho and always gone to BYU-I. Eventually I did move up here obviously and the first thing I did was buy another horse with my measly saved up money that should have been put towards school! It has been a treat to be able to ride when I want to, although I consider my horse more my parents' horse than mine now because they get to use her so much more than I do. Getting the horses out on good days when we go over to my parents' place is wonderful. Matthew likes riding, but Hailey is THE HORSE GIRL. Love of horses runs strong with the women of my family :)
Here's the kids on Star, Vicky's good old horse.

Hailey would not joking stay on all day or until she fell off sound asleep from exhaustion.

Matthew enjoys a good ride and then is done to go do other things similar in interests with his daddy- such as bug catching.

1 comment:
maybe it's my age showing, but your post makes me quite sentimental about those good 'ole horse showing days. funny thing is you call me the wise one, but i always thought you were the more mature one for selling dear BB and moving onward and upward. i could have never done that. i always looked up to you for making that difficult decision. having that extra money and not having to worry about working through college most definitely would have helped me in the grades department. you were always the more mature one. my decisions were mostly made emotionally. hailey is one of the girls in her love of horses huh! well, i can't say that surprises me. it is a curse that we will live with proudly! ride on girl!!
Post a Comment