10.23.2011

This is just....us

My picture taking has been random lately. Not much story to go with these...
Hailey reading. She is a tough one to get to read to. Sometimes she'll let me, other times she gets really aggravated if I turn the page when I'm done reading it because she's still looking at something and then our reading adventure is OVER. She promptly rips the books out of my hands, marches to her own seat, and contentedly "reads" the book on her own. How is this going to promote language development?! That's ok, she is actually talking a TON now. It is like a light switched on and she went from 10 words total to 2-3 word sentences and I haven't counted her vocabulary because it is massive. All in a few weeks.


She wanted me to take a picture of her toes
Matthew reading. He actually reads a lot of words on his own now! More than we even realize sometimes. And I think it helps that he has so many of his books memorized he can imagine himself being read to. haha. from day one he was a reader.
Matthew and Hailey enjoyed playing with some halloween snakes (in their pj's. and unders. and bed head.). My favorite though, is Curt passed out on the couch behind them
Matthew was sure he was going to be a skeleton for Halloween, but now it's up in the air. At least this is an easy theme!
Except to make a theme of it Hailey needs to be a princess or a dragon or a horse...She chooses to be like Matthew.
Loves that water!


Me "is it a snake or a spider?"
Matthew "a snake"
Hailey "no"
Matthew "yes"
and that was the beginning of my entertainment for the next 10 minutes.

As Matthew first woke up "uh mom, why does Hailey have antennaes?"
It was cute the day before.

1 comment:

Family Fun said...

I can not get over how beautiful Hailey is. The last time I saw her she was just a tiny buddle of joy. Then Matthew is a handsome BIG boy now. Time goes by so fast, we need to come visit you all some day soon.;)