10.31.2011

Happy Halloween

This year Halloween was really fun, but a little different with the passing of Grandpa Thorson. I doubt he would want us to mope around though. We had a little ward get together to break a pinata and have donuts and hot cocoa and see everyone's cute costumes. After that we just broke off and went trick or treating. Matthew wanted to trick or treat all night long! he is so funny. He would say "just one more house! just one more!" Hailey had a great time too but in the end I think she got too silly because she was getting cold. We came home and I gave Hailey a nice hot bath while Curt and Matthew sorted the loot!

This is on the way to the party. Curt was going to be a treasure chest, and I got the chest almost done but just simply ran out of time. I should have started it long ago but I guess I put it off because Curt never really decided if that was what he wanted to be or not. I kept telling him that he could just be a pirate too if he wanted and that would be easy. He had a lot of fun drawing his face on! I told him to just do half so people would recognize who he was but as soon as we got home and he had sorted the candy he drew the other half. He's so funny!
He also had fun drawing a tattoo on my neck. He is such an arteeeest!
The kids loved the party. At first Hailey wasn't sure because it was really crowded (we were all in the bishop's garage. It was a large garage but still, a whole ward?! come on.
Then she saw all the fun all the other kids were having and joined in. Plus she noticed that some kids were already carrying around candy in their buckets. It was just too easy to pick pocket!
One little boy in the ward that is just a teeny bit younger than hailey was wearing this dog costume. Hailey saw him from the side and got excited about a "doggy!" then she ran over and saw his face in the costume. She looked at me like "that is so funny! He's a dog!"
Here's the pinata. Each of the children took some turns. Usually they would just go up and hit once and turn to hand off the stick. The primary pres would say "hit it again. take another turn!" but she didn't have to encourage Matthew. WACK WACK WACK WACK. it was hard to get him to stop!
This is Matthew's candy pile


And here's Hailey fresh out of the warm tubby all excited about her pile "MINE!"
Here's curt's complete face art.
angry face
trying to be angry face? He was just too funny I couldn't look at him.

Don't eat me.
Here's our family shot after we got back. Hailey was already working on her kitkats.

1 comment:

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

What a Happy Halloween you guys had!!!! and wowowow what a talented family of pirates -- and don't forget the parrot! i am sorry but you are just too pretty to look mean limmie. move over kiera knightly!! for reals! i liked curt's 1/2 skeleton face it's so- Pirates of the Caribbean curse of the Black Pearl! Nice! You know i don't blame hailey one bit for being intrigued by the dog kid. also, the fish pillowcase candy sack is the best!! you guys should win a prize or something. oh ya the picture of your kids with their "loot" says it all MINE! :P