Last night we took the kids and met my parents at the Cedar Point straw maze. It was super fun and the kids were free. Plus they had a mini maze for the kids and a small petting zoo. That, of course, was Hailey's favorite part. And matthew could have raced all day long through the mini maze if we let him.
First getting there, it was cold and Matthew said "I should have stayed home today." I think he's been watching too much Magic School Bus, Arnold.

We tried to take a picture of the kids in the pumpkins but Hailey was still offended that I made her wear gloves, so she wouldn't sit there. Matthew was happy to be center of attention though!

Family picture

Here's the mini maze. Matthew stayed warm running and running in that!

Racing daddy. He thought that was hilarious!

This was the petting zoo area. They had bunnies, a horse, a Llama, goats and pigs. Hailey pet all of them except for the llama. She didn't want to touch it, she just stared at it and said, "hi."




We went into the main maze and I tell you it was a LOT harder than any of us expected. My dad finally had to leave through an emergency exit to get to his tuesday clerk duties for the ward on campus he's called to. We wandered and circled and ran and walked for about an hour and then we finally had to get help from a worker that was walking on top of the bales. It was amazing. I had a really good time! Except my arms fell asleep multiple times trying to carry Hailey so much. She was still in kind of a grumpy mood, but was happy when I carried her!

At least is was warmer in there! It was a great way to spend the evening! I am glad my parents could come have fun with us!
2 comments:
FUN!!! i have been trying to find a fun maze like that around here... that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. no luck. jexten thought matthew was soooo funny! he watched it over and over laughing hysterically! "Silly Matthew, he's the turkey in the straw!! hahahahaha. Let's watch it AGAIN!"
good thing there was an emergency exit for dad! try to explain that one!:) hailey is so sweet to say hi to the llamas. how courteous of her, some just run up to the fence and poke their noses, or pull their wool, and don't even mention "hi":) what a fun outing, glad you guys got to have lots of fun that is good!
I love the family picture with the hay in the background. How cold is it there? I do not miss the long Rexburg winters.:)
Post a Comment