Day #3
We have had no accidents in the peepee variety...
......
......
We have had NO success in the poop department.
I don't understand what I am missing! This morning Matthew was RIGHT NEXT to me and I was playing with him. All of a sudden I smelled something. He pooped without ever pulling a face or using any form of body language at ALL. How am I going to teach him to poop in the toilet if he is the master of sneaky poo? He has pooped in the toilet once before, last sunday. I thought once he had done it and saw how nice it was to not have it stick to his cheeks he would be far more willing to do it again, but I guess I was wrong!
Everything I read and everyone always says "It is obvious and easy to catch your child when they are about to poop because you can tell if you pay attention." Yeah Right. That is NOT the case with Matthew. He does not poop on a regular schedule. It can come at 10:30 am one morning, 2:15 the next afternoon, right after he wakes up the next day, not until after dinner the next....on and on in no particular order or pattern. That does not help.
WHAT DO I DO?
I guess I'm just hoping that after a week or two of perfect peeing he'll catch on that ALL of his waste products are supposed to go the potty way and he'll suggest it himself.
ahh, I don't know.
Hurray for the 10 or so peepees a day that make it where they belong.
We have had no accidents in the peepee variety...
......
......
We have had NO success in the poop department.
I don't understand what I am missing! This morning Matthew was RIGHT NEXT to me and I was playing with him. All of a sudden I smelled something. He pooped without ever pulling a face or using any form of body language at ALL. How am I going to teach him to poop in the toilet if he is the master of sneaky poo? He has pooped in the toilet once before, last sunday. I thought once he had done it and saw how nice it was to not have it stick to his cheeks he would be far more willing to do it again, but I guess I was wrong!
Everything I read and everyone always says "It is obvious and easy to catch your child when they are about to poop because you can tell if you pay attention." Yeah Right. That is NOT the case with Matthew. He does not poop on a regular schedule. It can come at 10:30 am one morning, 2:15 the next afternoon, right after he wakes up the next day, not until after dinner the next....on and on in no particular order or pattern. That does not help.
WHAT DO I DO?
I guess I'm just hoping that after a week or two of perfect peeing he'll catch on that ALL of his waste products are supposed to go the potty way and he'll suggest it himself.
ahh, I don't know.
Hurray for the 10 or so peepees a day that make it where they belong.
4 comments:
Mathew will get there... dint worry or stress too much about it I think they can sense that. I was thinking that maybe when isaac turns two I would start working with him until the other day he pointed at his diaper and said poo poos, so i said ok lets change you and we went into the bedroom and his diaper was clean. SO I said where's the poo poos? and he pointed at his little man hood and said see Mommy Isaac's poo poos. Needless to say he is definately not ready. He still has to figure out what poo poos are before he can figure out where they do and don't go. Just keep working with Mathew and he'll catch on.
Give better treats for poo poo maybe. Good job Matthew on going pee pee.
I agree bigger and or more treats for going poop on the potty. I got Brooke a new toy and then put her on the potty to play with it. It just kept her in the same place to see if the urge hit her.
LUCKY! we actually have the opposite problem (Day #4 potty training) - peeing in the potty! We're about half and half right now, with plenty of pee accidents, but somehow he always poops in the potty! heehe, I think you just have to be patient and keep working on it- I know I need extra patience today! Good luck.
Post a Comment