Matthew got to go to his first day of toddler lab on the BYU-I campus today. It was just orientation day for me, but he got to play the entire time, so it was like a real day for him. He absolutely loved it. I love how much he loved it and how he was fine to kiss me goodbye and play the whole time.
The only problem I can see is that the sink and drinking fountain are at just his level and boy does he love to wash his hands...one of his teachers said they finally just had to put the soap away :) I think that toddler lab will be a great growing experience for him. I'm sure he will love every minute of it! It's basically like a preschool, but just made to be a little more 2 yr old friendly.
In the orientation they kept saying they appreciate us allowing them to teach our kids and let the students work with our kids, but I'm just glad they are allowing Matthew this great opportunity to socialize and learn! The timing is great too because he'll need some kind of out once Hailey's born. I'm going to get exhausted I'm sure and he'll need something to entertain him and keep him busy and I'm going to need a break! So every Wednesday and Friday at 1:00 he gets to go to school! When I told him he gets to go to school today he said "Not mommy's school, not daddy's school, MATTHEW'S school! I go a school!! You want to go to your class mommy? I go a my class."
The only problem I can see is that the sink and drinking fountain are at just his level and boy does he love to wash his hands...one of his teachers said they finally just had to put the soap away :) I think that toddler lab will be a great growing experience for him. I'm sure he will love every minute of it! It's basically like a preschool, but just made to be a little more 2 yr old friendly.
In the orientation they kept saying they appreciate us allowing them to teach our kids and let the students work with our kids, but I'm just glad they are allowing Matthew this great opportunity to socialize and learn! The timing is great too because he'll need some kind of out once Hailey's born. I'm going to get exhausted I'm sure and he'll need something to entertain him and keep him busy and I'm going to need a break! So every Wednesday and Friday at 1:00 he gets to go to school! When I told him he gets to go to school today he said "Not mommy's school, not daddy's school, MATTHEW'S school! I go a school!! You want to go to your class mommy? I go a my class."
2 comments:
Hey Melissa, thanks so much for your ideas on keeping Isaiah entertained. They really help. I'm going to create a church bag of things just for Sunday-it makes sense! Hope all is well in these last few weeks before Hailey joins your sweet family.
How long was the waiting list or how long did you have to wait to get in?
I agree that will be nice for him when baby comes.
Post a Comment