12.25.2009

Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day and they were surrounded by those they love. We sure had a great day! I've said this before, but Christmas just gets better every year. I thought I loved the excitement when I was little, but it is 50x better with my own little one (I can't wait until we have Christmas with all of our kids in the years to come). This morning I was so excited I could not stay in bed after 7, so I went downstairs and got myself a bowl of cereal and made sure to make plenty of noise to wake Curt and Matthew. I couldn't stand the anticipation! I was worse than a 6 yr old!
We couldn't ever find our stockings!!! I thought I knew right where they were at, but I was wrong! By the time we realized it it was too late to go buy any. So we used a soccer sock, a wool hunting sock, and one of Curt's long black church socks!!!!!! Oh well, Matthew didn't care because it was still stuffed with candy and toys :) Next year I will be better prepared!!!

Here's our poor tired faces after finally getting done helping Santa wrap the presents and put them under the tree late Christmas Eve!! Here's some pictures of a few of Matthew's gifts. Thank you everyone for the gifts!







Christmas really is a magical time of year and I am so grateful for the opportunity it gives to teach Matthew about our Savior and how wonderful it is that he lived and died for us!!! I said to Curt today that I am going to really miss the Christmas music. I wish the radio stations would mix in a few Christmas songs here and there all year long to help turn our thoughts to Christ, because it is more than just one month a year that I am grateful for what he did.
....
This evening we had a wonderful dinner with family and friends! Thank you Chris, Kim and fam (including your sis and her hubby), Bryan, Brittany and fam, and my parents for joining us for such a fun time!!!
We love you all! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I heard a cool thought on the radio (the John Tesh show on 97.3 where I listened to all my Christmas music) about making a new year's goal. It said to not only think of a resolution and commit to it, but to also write it down because
...
"thoughts become words, words become actions, and actions become habits."
...
If we want to make a good habit of our new years resolution it really helps to write it down and put it somewhere where you will see it every day until it is truly a habit! I think I'll try it this year!


2 comments:

Family Fun said...

We had a GREAT time at your house, thank you.:)
Love the stockings that made me SMILE!
Matthew- love your dancing video you little rock star.

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

i think i will find flannel hunting socks for stockings next year. you know what, i think you may have just started something! and when "vintage" stockings start showing up in the stores, i will know who they stole the idea from!! you have a very good idea going there! Matthew, Matthew , Matthew!! you are the best dancer!! and that was nice of curt to NOT shut off the sound effects, no matter how many toys they get with sound effects, BOYS LOVE NOISES! too fun!