Clear back a week almost before Easter or so when we went to the egg hunt at World Gym Hailey won this fish. I didn't think it would be a big deal because come on, they always die within a week or two at most, right? Not this guy. He has even survived us being gone for almost a week to Bear Lake! His name is fish but I think we'd better change it to Super Fish. Anyway, thought I'd just update that yes, he is still alive and Matthew and Hailey love him.
Now on to the real reason for this post! We went to the St. Anthony Pioneer Days Rodeo on Saturday. This was the FIRST full Rodeo that Matthew and Hailey have been to. We've taken them to partial little rodeo events at the Madison Fair but this was the full blown deal. Over 3 hrs of staying on the same bench and they did great. Hailey liked it a lot more than Matthew did, but Grandpa did a good job of keeping Matthew entertained (if not a little wound up). Hailey was very concerned though for the saddle bronc cowboy that got knocked out. It was a great rodeo and we had a ton of fun! Matthew even participated in the kids' calf cash dash. Obviously he didn't grab any cash, and he was running the wrong way half the time, but he thought it was just great to be out there with the swarm of kids. He was one of the smallest too!
It was baking hot the majority of the rodeo, so don't mind my sheen.
Here's Hailey's concerned look for the injured cowboy. She also loved the barrels and the calf roping but didn't like it when they didn't succeed in roping the calf because she thought it would get out.
Matthew was practicing his snapping. I'm not sure how much of the rodeo he watched. I think he had a hard place to see much anyway, we were kind of at a funny angle and I got a neck ache from craning my head around to see, but we had a sweet spot on top with a backrest and a breeze!







No comments:
Post a Comment