We picked up a couple of free kittens to help minimize mouse numbers out at my parents' place. Matthew named them Charlie and Marley. They are both male, kind of hard to catch, but love to be held. But I can't REALLY blame them for running from these kids! They love them....a little too much somtimes. Mostly Hailey. She really loves to hold Marley but if her arms get tired of holding him she will set him down but keep her hands around his belly and keep him squished in place. haha it's a good thing they are nice, tolerant kittens. Matthew is pretty good to Charlie, but he really likes to flop him over his shoulder and carry him like a sack of potatoes. The kitten doesn't seem to mind too much. It's got Curt extremely paranoid of toxoplasmosis. So for his sanity (and mine) I had them draw my blood at the doctor today to run the test to see if I have it and/or if I am immune to it because apparently about 15% are immune.
Curt is going to kill me for putting this on here (he specifically said "now don't go blogging about this" haha), but I am so proud of my genius husband I just had to! So for his metal detecting hobby he has lately become obsessed with he bough himself an "inconspicuous" shovel to dig. He was asked not to dig in one park because of a regular old shovel he was carrying around. The employee was afraid he would make too big of sod patches or hit a water line. So he picked up a little shovel. Today he fashioned himself a brilliant little hook to hang from his belt out of a metal wire. The two sides that go around the belt unclip neatly and it slides right up and off. He's so smart!
Matthew is rather inventive as well. He installed a security camera in our home today. Wrongdoers better watch out! He is so much like his daddy. What he REALLY wants to make though and asks me all the time if he can make is a rocket. I'm not talking making up some kind of toy rocket, or box rocket, cardboard or wood...or anything that you could think could be made at home. He wants to build a real metal rocket with rivets and an engine that can actually take him to the moon. I told him he can go ahead and do that when he gets done with college and learns how, because I don't know how! That usually satiates him and he goes on planning his future education and career.








1 comment:
That security camera is TOO cute! What a smart cookie. I love reading your blog by the way. You have the funniest stories :)
Post a Comment