7.08.2012

Paris Canyon

We decided to take a day to explore a new place around Bear Lake that we had never been.  My aunt Wendy informed Curt of some fossils that were discovered somewhere up Paris Canyon.  Of course that struck his interest.  We wanted to head up there and lucky for us my parents and Vicky's family decided to come along too!  I really wanted to go all the way up to see the "Ice Caves" and was worried it would turn out to be a wasted 10 miles on a bumpy road but we did NOT end up disappointed!  The cave itself wasn't huge by any means, but it was neat that we were able to walk right through it.  and it was icy!  And then we got to climb straight up a cliff to get out.  We could have turned around and gone out the same way we came in, but where's the fun in that?  haha  We wanted adventure after all, and adventure is what this pregnant lady got!  What thrilled me about it was that I actually could scale up the rocks.  hahaha


 See that hole behind the kids?  that's what we climbed out of, but you can't appreciate it from this pic.  I don't think I got a good picture of the climb.  oh well.
 After the cave we hung around and let the kids catch butterflies etc for some time.  That was fun for them.  They all enjoyed catching the butterflies and bringing them to Hailey.  I think it's because she gave such sweet reactions to each one they brought her.

 She squished the butterfly on her cheek and claimed that it was kissing her.

 On our way back down we stopped at the described place for fossils.  It was a pretty precarious shale cliff that looks like it would jenga down at any minute with Curt and Kurt ripping it apart looking for those fossils!


 It made good shelving for the kids to climb anyway
 And Curt was successful!  As usual :)

Later that day (after a short nap at camp) we went to Bloomington Lake for fishing/swimming, but I forgot my camera for that.  It didn't last long.  A few flying rocks and threats of "tying hands like pigs" later and we were all headed back down the trail.  I was hungry anyways.  

No comments: