4.03.2012

St. Patty's, Bike ride, Easter Egg hunt



St. Patrick's Day we had Lucky Charms and green milk to start the holiday off right! The kids thought it was hilarious. I think their favorite part was that I didn't even get mad when they ate all the marshmallows and just left the "browns." It was a holiday, after all!

Monday we went for a little bike ride with my parents for family night to the movie rental store. It turned out to be a little chillier than we anticipated but the kids were bundled warm and I got plenty warm pulling them, especially up that hill! They still absolutely love the bike trailer and I love that the weather is good enough to do it again before my belly gets too huge! the dirty speckles on the window are from a day I pushed it too much though and had to bike home in the rain from dropping Matthew off at preschool. Hailey was dry and warm of course, and I would have been fine except I wore flip flops and my toes were numb! Hey, it wasn't raining when we left. Come to think of it I had no choice that day. Curt had the car at work. We love the bike trailer still the same and try to find time to take it for a spin almost daily!
Today World Gym Fitness Center sponsored a free egg hunt for Rexburg. It was fun to go, but obvious that they did not expect that many kids to show. It's Rexburg for crying out loud. Dad mentioned we should rename it to Kidburg!!!
Poor Matthew didn't get one single egg. Too crowded, too few eggs, too small of space, and too little organization.
Hailey found two and one empty shell. She was happy to share with Matthew though. As luck had it she got one blue egg and one Pink. All she needed was the pink. In fact she picked that one up, turned around and high tailed it out of there. Grandma had to coax her into going back into the masses to collect another.
They had the 3-5 yr olds line up along the wall and then go in by themselves to the raquet ball court. Most of the kids weren't happy about that as Matthew reflects here in this picture. It was frustrating for me that I didn't even get to stand by my kid, let alone watch him do the hunt! Rather silly.
This was the only view I had of him due to the crowd.
while we (grandpa and I) were waiting in line with Matthew, Grandma and Curt got to take Hailey around to get her face painted, win a fish and a chocolate sucker! I think they had a much better time than Matthew did.
standing in line for the fish pond.
Thanks for coming, mom and dad!
I can't wait for our family to all come up this weekend for Easter!

1 comment:

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

What a carnival! you are so awesome to pedal both... well all 3 kids really. all over town just for the enjoyment of it! i agree with matthew's face in that picture. i wouldn't have been too happy to be "herded" into the raquet ball court for a wild -non parent supervized-frenzy. that's just asking for trouble. those eyes look like lazers are shooting out of them. good thing their not or we'd all be dead! Hailey knows what she wants, no nonsense about it. just get it and get the heck outta there!:) I absolutely LOVE the last picture in this update.... curt,,,,what did you just do???? never mind. i don't think i really want to know.;D also, i need a jacket like mom's.