While watching bubble guppies this morning Matthew asked me if boys could be mermaids too. I said "absolutely, but they are called mermen." Then he decided that he wanted to be a merman. Of course Hailey wanted to join in the fun! I thought it was so cute how they wrapped up their legs and wiggled around!




To get Hailey to look at the camera while taking pictures I always say "look at the eyeball in my camera!" today I said it and she got a curious look and decided to come investigate to see if there really was an eyeball in there!

It's interesting how the second child learns so much from the first. When Matthew was little I was always the one making up the imaginary stories and giving him all sorts of facts about where dragons live, how fast superheros can fly, what animals really say to each other....now I just step back a lot and listen to the amazing games that Matthew makes up for Hailey and I realize that she is picking all of this stuff up from him! No better teacher either, Matthew has got such an imagination! Sometimes it makes me feel guilty that I'm not involved in every creative play situation. I guess that's how it's meant to be though. Still the same I can't help but get involved sometimes when the game gets really interesting! haha But it seems like I'm more of the audience to a play now. The best play EVER
No comments:
Post a Comment