4.07.2012

Easter activities


Lance and Kara, and Vicky and Kurt and their families came to stay at my parents' house for Easter weekend! Today was a huge day full of activities.
The day started with egg dying after breakfast. This is always a hit with the kids of course!

Coloring was too much fun to quit just after the eggs coloring, so the girls continued! Hailey enjoyed the special attention from Auntie Vicky! They discussed the ins and outs of why everything on her paper is pink.
Such little artists!
The boys all piled on Grandpa to play Angry Birds while we passed the time before we went to see a matinee at the theater.
Hailey and Adessa finally got tired of coloring and decided they needed some fresh air. Vicky caught these moments on my camera for me while I was sewing shrugs with Grandma for the girls.
They were doing the "spider" on the swing. You know, riding criss cross together.
I wish it were a warmer day! We would have stayed out all day long! As it was these girls did NOT want to quit. And seeing the fun they were having who can blame them?! Hailey loves her cousins! Hailey really loved everybody this time. Last time we were with family she was really shy and clingy to me.
Here's the lineup before the egg hunt could begin! This shot is minus Sam, but at least everyone is looking!
Here we get "big baby" Sam (as hailey called him)
Hailey found a few eggs and then pretty much was done. She just wanted to run around and play on the swing after that. Matthew happily collected her eggs for her and put them in her bag.
All of the kids had a lot of fun! They planned it well so that each egg had initials on it so they all ended up with equal eggs. Grandma is so good at equality!


Hailey just wanted more swing time, but notice she did take the time to get a chocolate out of an egg and stuff it in her mouth.
She was very excited to get a pink bucket from the Easter Bunny!
Matthew was so pleased with his Easter Bunny loot too!
Even the adults got to go on a treasure hunt! It was so cute! A while back Matthew drew "clues" and we each got one as to the whereabouts that our golden eggs were hidden! Mom had written words on them too, in case we couldn't understand his hieroglyphics. Maybe it's because I'm his mom, but I didn't need the words!
My egg was hidden in the sandbox UNDER the cover. That was tricky!
Lance thought the eggs looked delicious!
But the real treat was inside! Thanks mom and dad....er...the Easter Bunny I mean!
We had a great day and I'm looking forward to the Sabbath where the real Easter celebration happens. I am so grateful for Christ and the Atonement!
Matthew gives his very first talk in primary tomorrow too!!!!!!! He said he is nervous and I told him that it's ok to be nervous and that I still ALWAYS get nervous to give a talk but that I know he will do a great job and everything will be fine. I hope it goes okay and that he will actually do it!
ps I posted to my pregnancy blog (link in the upper right of the family blog. click the picture "Round Three")

No comments: