We hiked up the Darby Canyon trail to this amazing cave last weekend. It was a KILLER hike, but I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the kids with us.
It was absolutely beautiful and definitely worth the sore backs and necks (Curt carried Matthew on his shoulders whenever Matthew got too tired of hiking. Matthew actually hiked a lot. And I had Hailey in the moby wrap the entire time of course.)
Here's proof we really went INSIDE. (I'm a teeny tiny speck down at the bottom with the kids. if you can even see it)
We went not only for the beauty of it all, but Curt heard there were great fossils there, which there were. Here's Matthew fossil hunting.
Here's a few of Curt's finds. I thought they were pretty cool!

After we got out of the cave we had to find a warmer place (I think they call it the wind cave because a fiercely COLD wind blows out of it) and have a few snacks. I had no idea it would be such a long hike so we were ill prepared, especially with water. But it was still awesome anyway, and we had more water at the car when we got back.
Matthew gave the hike TWO THUMBS UP!
These two pictures are just from helping with a bit of landscaping at my parents' house the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment