Lesson #1:
Don't get complacent thinking that even though the car broke down once before and "rested" a few days and started up again means that it is now in working condition.
It's not.
Took the kids with me to the grocery store to buy milk. Loaded them up in the car, backed out of my parking spot, put the car in drive, went forward maybe 10 ft and sputter sputter bibbely booooo. wouldn't start again. Kind chancerbyers pushed the car back into my parking spot (which was a sweet spot by the way).
Lesson #2:
Don't think that just because it's the backroom and by the back door that you can leave it messy at any time. You never know when a kind person helping you will be required to walk in it to help you bring in your groceries.
Mercies Shown:
So I have known all along ever since the neon broke down again that this spurt of miraculous dirveability wouldn't last, but I've just been trying my luck, saying a prayer before I turn the key, and using it anyway. It's so incredibly inconvenient to only have one car. I guess this time I forgot to pray before I started the car. But that doesn't mean that I was left completely alone to fend for myself. Divine help planned for one of my neighbors to just HAPPEN to be walking right past my car into the grocery store just as the car died. She has one little girl and she was only buying one quick thing and then she came back out to help me load up the kids, my groceries, and myself into her car and she graciously drove us home. I think what I learned most of all from this; and this is lesson #3:
Good Works Abound.
No comments:
Post a Comment