2.11.2010

simply a sweet life

I love having two kids!! (so far)
Hailey is SUCH a good baby!!! The angriest that she gets is when I change her diaper, but her cry is incredibly manageable. Matthew absolutely adores her! He doesn't call her Hailey, he calls her "Baby Colette." He keeps telling me that she's his baby because she came out of HIS stomach! What a funny kid! Anyway, life has just been simple since Hailey came home. We just do a boring day to day life but it's really nice.
I am recovering really well too, and that helps a lot. I don't actually feel held back at all by my c-section. In fact, I feel like I have way more energy and can do way more physically than I could when I was pregnant!! Might have something to do with the fact that I weigh less now. My water logged legs are smaller so it isn't so hard to lug them up the stairs anymore!! :)
Here's Hailey's first bath. At the hospital they told us that we no longer need to only sponge bath a baby with the umbilical cord nub on. I told her we had to sponge bath matthew when he was first born and she said "yeah, that's old school practice now." Hailey was really mad at first to be naked, but then as soon as I put her in the warm tubby she settled right down. Loves a hot bath just like her mommy!!

Matthew of course had to help every step of the way. I told him in this picture to get his head down so it would be by Hailey and this is what I got. :)
A neighbor made me a cake, which I thought was really nice. We have had so much help with meals and everything and we really appreciate it!!
I told Matthew he had to wait until after lunch to eat a peice of cake.



I just love how much he loves his little sister!!!! I should have known it would be like this. I mean, it's MATTHEW. He is such a sweet boy! It's amazing now to think about how much I WORRIED before!!!! And yes, I now obviously know that the love just grows and I am fully capable of loving Matthew just as much and giving him PLENTY of attention while still loving the new little princess too.







2 comments:

Magen said...

Oh Lissa! She is SO beautiful! I'm glad that you are feeling so good. Keep posting pictures!

Dana Scarbrough said...

She is just precious! That cake you received is really cute too!