Hailey has got us all wrapped around her teeny tiny little pinky finger!

I am not kidding when I say that Matthew adores her! If she makes any kind of an uncomfortable little peep he comes running saying "I toming baby Colette (only pronouned Tolette)!" and he pats her on the head, adjusts her blanket so she's better covered, tries to give her her binky (before I snatch it out of his hand because I'm worried about him gagging her with it unknowingly) and tells me that she's probably hungry and I'd better feed her again because she's sad. And of course Hailey loves Matthew too. She quiets to his voice when she's fussy, watches him whenever he's in her sight, and lights up and gets all excited when he talks to her. I really hope that they are always close and rely on each other in their lives.

So I don't think I ever mentioned it, but some time ago Curt bought a car off of the school bulletin board for $50. Supposedly the transmission was bad and it would cost more than the car was worth to fix it. So we put it on the automotive department waiting list up on campus and hoped they would call! Some time later they finally did and they worked on it and got it all fixed up for somewhere around $100!!! Curt did have to do some work on the brakes after they fixed the transmission, but that was minimal. Today he finished cleaning it all out so now I have a car to drive! YAY! I hope it lasts a little longer than the mazda did....but for $150 we would get our money out of it if it only lasted us this last year that Curt is in school!
See our poor toyota on the right and the new (to us) neon on the left. It's not a real looker either, but at least it has working front blinkers and the back right door opens!

While he was working on it matthew and I got some fresh air and painted some snow green.

and the little one slept, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment