10.02.2012

busy times

Hailey loves William, but yes, I do have to watch her!!  She likes to help, a LOT.  Like laying under him bouncing his chair...too hard...

 and help me give him a bath...
She is so funny, and it's obvious that she is just resisting not being the baby anymore.  Both Matthew and Hailey have adjusted really well though.  I'm lucky to not have to deal with any jealousies or things like that.  
 This was William's first bath!  He wasn't sure what to think of it.  Did I mention that at his two week appointment he weighed in at 9 lbs?!  gained back his birth weight plus almost a pound!  
 He was happy to get dressed in warm jammies and snuggles afterwards though!
 I LOVE my moby wrap.  probably one of my most favorite early birthday presents ever (back when Hailey was born).  William seems to like it alright too.  Not as much as Hailey did though.  If he's awake he doesn't care for it much, but luckily he basically sleeps all day and all night.
 These two are so funny together.  Matthew decided to teach Hailey how to spit apples.....great.  But at least they have fun and entertain each other very well.  And we were outside.  And they stay out of BIG trouble, most of the time.

 Matthew comes up with some funny ideas really.  And Hailey is always more than happy to join in.  (Matthew IS wearing shorts here)
 snuggling with this little toad is just too much fun but it inevitably makes us drowsy

 Great Grandma Thorson wanted a family picture with William.  
 Curt's been helping my parents dig trenches for footings for the addition they're starting so we've been spending a lot (more) time over there the past week or so.  Hailey has continued to be very entertained by these little plastic animals.
 Matthew took the chore upon himself to chop down the old cornstalks.

 The cat was hiding in the bushes and then hailey flushed it out.  I just love the fall colors!
 My mom was bottling tomato juice so Matthew thought he'd "bottle" some old leftover beans he found in the garden.
 here's where the addition will be.

whew, lots of pictures, long post.  now I think I will take a nap like squishy.

3 comments:

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

this post makes me miss you more than a lot. i LOVE mr. squishy's belly! and i love that you call him a little toad. that's just what he looked like asleep on curt's shoulder! cutest toad i have EVER seen! it's funny how having a new baby makes the other kids look so much more grown up. almost sad. but at 9 POUNDS he isn't much smaller! MATTHEW! your outfit was AMAZING! you are such a genious, and oh what a helper to fix up the garden, and do all that canning! what a worker!! Hailey, you know you are beautiful when you can even make plastic look attractive! tres chic! such a fashionista! those ponies sure look like fun! can i play pretty ponies with you soon? and by the way... i would like to blow that cat picture up big and hang it on my wall as fall decor.PERFECTION!

Nate said...

Fun pictures. William is very cute!

Chelsi said...

Oh he is SOOO adorable! Hailey is such a good "helper." I can't believe how big she is getting! Glad things are going well. I love checking in once in a while! :)