September was a CAAARAAAZYY month. As you all know right in the beginning Matthew lost his hearing pretty bad, so we had to deal with that. But it has improved somewhat and that is good. He will probably just have to wear a hearing aid. The MRI came back normal. Then about 3 days before we had William I got either a nasty but short stomach flu or food poisoning. I had to spend half the night in the hospital on an IV to stop my contractions. I got over that fine though and then the night before we go in for William's c section delivery Curt starts puking. He was a trooper though and made it through the day. William came and is marvelous. Curt got better. Matthew is back in school (phewf! he was getting so bored) and things are finally starting to be a little more normal. Starting. Adjusting is always hard. I knew 3 would be difficult but it's kind of a circus. I've really only been alone with all three for one almost whole day once. The rest of the time I have been so lucky to have Curt home with me! Even though job hunting sucks it's worked out to be a blessing with everything that's been going on. We've been super blessed and had some angels on earth helping us out even more. A couple more job opportunities have come up to apply for. We'll just keep going on until we find something!!
This is the only picture I got from labor day at Bear Creek. It was really funny because my mom went to take a group shot of us and her camera battery died just as she went to take it. I said well I have my camera in the car, just let me set that up. As I was getting in out I said "wouldn't it be funny if my batteries die just like that too?" I didn't think it would actually happen. So I took my time setting it up perfect and took this one shot of Curt and Hailey to make sure everyone would fit. And then it died and I hadn't brought extras for the first time, like ever. ahhhh. Anyway that was a fun day. But it's kind of sad for me to think about because it was Matthew's last day of normal hearing.
We had some organizing days at home (nesting instinct) and I pulled out the winter hats and gloves etc. The kids thought they would make great dressups!
This was Matthew's spiderman costume. The gloves have "web shooters" in them (nerf darts). Pay attention, I think Matthew is shirtless in every single photo of him!!!! I swear I dress my kids.
There was another boring day where Curt had the car and Matthew wanted to go to grandma's house really bad. I told him we couldn't because we didn't have the car. So he said "I know. I will make you a car." This is his car.
Sweet find on a Batman costume for $3!!
Hailey almost always baths first and then when I'm getting her out Matthew likes to quick hop in for his turn. This time there was a bunch of bubbles and Hailey had been playing like this in the bubbles. Matthew demanded that I not get her out yet and he got in quick and they laughed and laughed until they were silly. so I had to get a picture of it.
Matthew wanted to practice some baseball. There's a video of this down below too. He did pretty well I thought for his first time and no one really instructing him. Curt just tossed him the ball to see what he could do on his own.
William is a celebrity at our house! Every morning when I bring William out of my room with me Matthew and Hailey get so excited to see him. They don't tell me good morning anymore, I am completely overlooked for "Baby William" That's ok. He is pretty precious. Matthew loves when he can get William to hold his fingers and really likes it when he smiles in his sleep. Before he cries he always works his mouth real dramatically and then lets out a baby cougar squeal. Matthew laughs and says he thinks he's trying to say "Ma, Maa for Matthew!"
These two, by the way, look SO alike to me. Matthew had far fairer skin and a little lighter hair, and was skinny instead of chubby. but I see all the similarities. Same eye set. Same forehead, same hairline (William doesn't have Matthew's amazing cowlicks at the base of his head though). I think William might get blue eyes though. Too early to tell I guess. Well I think William is an exact replica of Curt (with my chin). And I didn't think you could get anything closer than Matthew is!
I was so worried about Hailey being jealous and sad that I couldn't hold her. But she has been so good! She loves William and is such a happy girl. She also loves his things!!! We have such a hard time keeping her out of the swing, carseat, baby bouncer, bed...It doesn't help that I think she's so cute first I take a picture and then tell her she'd better get out. Mixed message I know. She is adorable though.
This is Matthew and his "rocket" He's been kind of obsessed with building a rocket. A REAL rocket, for a while now. After he made this he demanded I lift him up to the ceiling so he could cut a hole. then he planned on getting a lighter and "firing up" his rocket so it could shoot to the moon and he could slice some cheese!!!!! Very disappointed when I vetoed that idea!
The rocket turned out fun anyways just with their imaginations. Although he still told me it would be more fun to really fly it.
This last picture is just Hailey being silly. She has grown up so much the last two weeks since we've had William. She really likes to ham it up to get attention. I like that much better than whining to get attention! She acts so mature and hilarious, but still doesn't like it if you laugh too hard at what she does. Also she has gotten very protective of both of her brothers. She doesn't like it when you laugh at either of them and says "Don't laugh at my brother! He's nice!" Then we have to explain that they LIKE for us to laugh when they do something cute or funny.
september has been the longest shortest month ever. When I think about all that has happened I think "was that really only one month?" because it seems like there was so much, but then when I realize it's already almost october I go "Where did september go?!"















2 comments:
Seriously, what a month. I am glad things are improving and I hope one of those jobs works out for Curt. We love you all. Can't wait to meet and snuggle precious little Willam.
Oh Melissa, what a month!
Hoping that Matthew's hearing continues to improve and that everyone gets well and stays well. Good luck with everything. Three children do make a circus, but there is never a dull moment!
Post a Comment