Individual play time
I make sure to give each of the kids a certain amount of time each day to do whatever they want to do (with obvious limits. it has to be constructive!) without me interrupting. I think it encourages self dependence and leaves room for personal growth. Matthew almost always chooses pbskids.org if I list it amongst his choices (which is also okay because I also enforce "room time" every day where he gets a chance to play in his room with his imagination with or without me.) Since Hailey isn't old enough to choose I chose for her to have toy time today. She gets this a lot throughout the day anyway, but it doesn't hurt to have it all alone here where she can explore her toys on her own without me holding them up, shaking them, making funny squeaky noises or anything else annoying and without Matthew running through the middle of it or randomly picking up and throwing her toys.
I thought they looked so cute I wanted to get a "good" picture of them today. Keep trying is all I can say! One of these shots I'll get it!

My parents put in a brand new sandbox yesterday! We went over to test it out today while Curt worked on the car. It was a hit!

Matthew played and Hailey giggled at his funny "bury the bone" game. It took some digging on my part afterwards to find all of the toys he buried.

whew, long day!
having two kids is so exhausting but so rewarding!!
Bonus: they both stayed in the same outfit all day long! That means no major spills or other incredible messes, blowouts, spitups, mudpies.....NO EXTRA LAUNDRY!!!
2 comments:
I love Hailey's purple outfit after the wind caves pictures - so pretty! Your kids are growing up, hiking and all now! Sheesh, no wonder you're so tired at the end of the day! ;) Looks like you're making the most of the Rexburg summer weather!
We have to squeeze it in since summers here are so short!!!
Post a Comment