
We went to Gray's lake area (which is not a lake by the way. it is a marshy grassland place.) to find some more fossils! Curt's been really fascinated with fossils lately and I have to say that I rather enjoy the "hunt" as well. I would be happy going out and doing anything though, as long as it's outdoors and somewhere we can take the kids for an adventure! And as long as we don't run into any bears!!
Matthew and Hailey like looking for fossils too! They were fighting over the same outrageously awesome discovery here. hahaha No just kidding. Actually Matthew took it upon himself to make sure that Hailey didn't pick up small rocks and put them in her mouth. He's such a good big brother.

After that we just looped on over to Blackfoot reservoir

Curt caught this beautiful Monarch Butterfly for his bug collection. It's a lot bigger than this picture makes it look I guess. I need to take a picture of his collection one of these days. It's amazing!
It was a lot of driving on long bumpy dirt roads. Our toyota now sounds as "good" as it looks after hitting a dirt dike and popping a hole in the muffler...but the kids were really good!
We saw a whole bunch of these UGLY but cool Turkey vultures. We also saw a fox run right in front of us.
It was a very fun, but very long day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment