Matthew is kind of an all or nothing type of kid. He's either really happy, or really grumpy. He is either really hungry, or so not hungry you have to beg to get him to eat his dinner bite by bite. He demonstrated that once again with his toys. He is usually on the happy end when it comes to Hailey, but for some reason the other morning he REALLY did not want to share his toys with his sister. I told him he needed to change his attitude and be nice to her because she absolutely loves him and she's just a baby. So then he did the complete flip side of course and shared EVERYTHING with her. I had to stop him after the pile got so big because I didn't want to lose her in it! :) They had a lot of fun with this though.
We have some mooching ducks living in the canal by our complex preying off the all of the kids' love of "feeding the ducks." Matthew is no exception. He LOVES those ducks!
And again Hailey just thinks Matthew's funny no matter what he does. She was laughing at him throwing the tortilla at the ducks.
Matthew's new obsession is the Cat in the Hat. I mean he has ALWAYS loved loved LOVED Dr. Seuss books, but now that they air 'The Cat in The Hat Knows a Lot About That' on PBS he is the happiest kid on the planet at 8:30 am. He also loves playing all of their games on pbskids.org.
On one of our walks the other day (I think it was that same day we fed the ducks actually) two teenage kids were headed the opposite direction. As they neared Matthew turned around to me and said "I've seen those before!" and I knew he was talking about the kids but I didn't want to be rude so I just kind of nodded and didn't say anything. The boys were dressed, you know, typical punk. They had the shaggy hair and the usual baggy too big punk clothing. So I waited until they passed and were out of earshot and I asked matthew where he had seen them before. He said, "On the...I can't remember...the transformers." I said "Transformers? Like the robots?" and he said "NO! the things on the computer!" and then it clicked. He has been playing the game "Thing 1 and Thing 2's WEATHER transformer" on the computer! He was calling those two boys thing 2 and thing 1. Oh how funny.
Another funny now not so funny then thing matthew did the other night: Curt was hunting. I was trying to get hailey to bed, so I turned on The Wiggles for Matthew and popped him some popcorn. When I came back popcorn was scattered EVERYWHERE in the living room! I lost it and said "WHAT HAPPENED?" Matthew then took a handful and said "I squished it and THREW it!" as he demonstrates by throwing that handful. I was so hopping mad! So I put him in his bedroom and left him there screaming (like he always does when he's in trouble) and got out the vacuum. Hailey is deathly afraid of the vacuum and it woke her up so while I was quickly vacuuming up the mess both of my kids were up screaming in their rooms (I can only imagine what the neighbors thought). So I went and got Hailey, and then I got Matthew out of his room and talked to him about it and everyone eventually settled down. Curt came home, I got Hailey back to sleep, matthew got a bath and just before I was putting him to bed I said "I'm sorry I got mad at you Matthew." So he replied with, "I'm sorry I got in trouble. I'm sorry I got caught."
The sincerity in his big brown eyes showed me that he really meant it. and just that. he was sorry he got caught :)
and on a side note the huge scab on his forehead is a rug burn from an extreme game of wrestling with daddy. boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment