7.13.2010

Not Quite what I had in Mind...

Although I should not have been surprised...after all, he is a 3 yr old BOY.


Last night it was my turn for lesson for family home evening. We've been trying really hard to do a better job. It's not easy when you only have 2-3 minutes to present a lesson with some spiritual meaning. Matthew's getting better at it too.
So I decided to go off of the Friend and use the picture of the Whole Armor of God they had last month. I got out the Doctrine and Covenants and BRIEFLY read over what each piece of armor resembles. Matthew thought that was interesting. And then we gave him a sword of his own.
"oooh! Look at this!"
"Let's FIGHT dad! 3-2-1 START!" and then he proceeded to hack daddy's sword to pieces. When that was done he raised his arms in the air "I'm the High Cord (score)!!!"
Too much Wii
I hope he got something MEANINGFUL out of that lesson.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

That is so cute! I hear you on FHE, on Monday Bryan was trying to give the lesson and Brooke was chasing the dog, Abby was crying and i was the only one listening! Its a zoo!

Family Fun said...

We miss you guys...looks like all is well. Cute kids!!!

Lyndsey Norr said...

Let's FIGHT! Hahaha, what an adorable little Stripling Warrior you've got there. :)