We went camping at Bear Creek by Palisades Reservoir with my parents this weekend. It sure makes it nice to camp with them because they have such a nice trailer for the kids (oh, and my parents are fun too!) We were en route to camp thursday night........but our neon broke down. Not sure what's wrong. Left us stranded and my parents had to call their old bishop, got ahold of his recently RM son, picked me and the kids up to take us to my parents' place while Curt waited at the car for my parents to drive the truck down from the camp to tow him. WHAT an ORDEAL! and a major bummer. We've been saving really hard so that hopefully we'll have enough to make a good down payment on a house when we get where we're going (wherever that is) when Curt graduates, but it looks like we'll have to dip into that to get a good car. :( So we "camped" at my parents' thursday night and didn't head up to bear creek until friday morning in our toyota. I think we had plenty of fun anyway, and even helped us forget about our loser of a car.
Miss Hailey all smiles.
and fat
First thing Friday morning we went fishing, but I didn't take my camera for that because I had Matthew with me with his pole.
But then we came back to the camp and had some fun swimming while Matthew napped and Hailey played with Grandma (she was SUPPOSED to nap to).
Then that evening while my parents were having some rafting fun and graciously cooking us dinner Curt and I took the kids on a little hike up Bear Creek trail. It is the nicest and best maintained trail I have ever been on. Of course we only went maybe a little more than a mile up it before the mosquitoes got too crazy, we got too hot and too hungry and had to turn back.
Matthew hiked the best when he was in the lead. He'd turn around and say "Follow me! Catch up!"

Early early saturday morning my dad and curt got up while the rest of us snoozed and they went fishing again, but once they got back and got some descent breakfast in them (and Hailey took a little snooze with daddy) we took my parents and the kids back up the trail and fished the creek for a while.
Matthew had fun reeling in a few fish of his own.
Some of you might not know it but I'm actually a flyfisherwoman. Yup. I have been since I was 13 but I haven't really had time to fish much the last 3 years! Thanks to the moby wrap, my mom playing with matthew, and Curt relinquishing MY fly pole to me long enough to get a couple of bites; I was able to fish a LITTLE this trip.
And then Matthew took an unpleasant and unwanted dive in the creek.
But only after he got some fishing done.

Hailey is getting so big, and she is such a good camper! my dad said "We're going to make an outdoors woman out of you Hailey!" I don't think that will be hard as she appears to already be just that. I mean, she never really complains, and she's always happy, but she's even HAPPIER when we're camping- if you can imagine that. :)
Thanks for letting us camp with you Mom and Dad, and thanks for putting up with Matthew's LOUD snoring!
2 comments:
Super cute family!!!
Does Matthew have brown eyes and Hailey have blue?
We miss you guys!
The pic with you fishing with Hailey in the wrap is super cute and the black & white one of Matthew. You should get them blown up. Fun memories!!! :)
Post a Comment