5.27.2010

more birthday pictures

My grandma Patsy is so good about gift giving and cards for everyone for every holiday. She sent this present to Matthew for his birthday. We got it on Saturday but since his birthday wasn't until Tuesday I made him wait. He loved just holding the box and reading the address on it. He can read his name, so he KNEW it was to him since it said Matthew Coates. First thing tuesday morning I told him he could open it. He was so excited!!!

Later that day my parents came over and gave Matthew an art easel and played with Matthew for a little while and I went to the store to get supplies for the cake. Then when Curt got home from work we ate out at Craigo's pizza buffet (that's what Matthew wanted, and he ate a TON!). After craigo's we came home and had cake.
So here's what I ended up creating....(Brittany, I was wishing you were still my neighbor REALLY REALLY bad!!! But since you aren't here I had to just try my best :)





Matthew enjoyed the cake anyway!



Then yesterday I took him to the store to pick out a couple of fun little things from my Grandma Thorson. She has over 50 grandchildren and I don't even KNOW how many great grandchildren (this is my mom's mom. My mom is I think #7 of 12 kids) but she still sends everyone $5 on their birthday. She's amazing about that too. I have awesome grandmas!!
So this bubble blower thing is what he wanted. It really doesn't work well but he had a good time with it.
















3 comments:

Lyndsey Norr said...

Sweet cake!! Happy Birthday little Matthew!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

jexten has that same truck/car combo! i bet matthew loves it, i know jexten does. sometimes he even sleeps with it. looks like a happy little fella!

Kit and Janet Andersen said...

What a great birthday! The family picture turned out really cute!