I have a looooooong ways to go to get back in shape, but this has got to be my favorite way. I'm so lucky to get to do this! Thanks to my parents and Curt for watching the kids and letting me be a soccer player again!!
just kidding.
so, we've played 3 games so far. we have another game tomorrow. We're the only team in the league that is still undefeated, so I think we're doing pretty good. I'm the only mommy on the team, and no of course I'm not a starter....booo I have only scored one goal so far. I am super rusty with the "skills" (I was never very good at ball control anyway. my game plan is to outsprint them and since I'm the mommy to a 3 month old it's not working out as well as I'd like it to- YET) But we're a good team and it's fun! The only thing I have to complain about is when other girls on the team talk down to me like they think I'm a beginner or something because I am a little rustier than I'd like to be. But it's okay because it just makes for a more dramatic effect whenever I do something good in a game :) And instead of grumbling back at them I just think in my head "we'll see if you can play this well after YOU have 2 kids!!!" Not trying to toot my own horn. I just love soccer. Vicky used to tease me that I eat sleep and drink it. ANYWAY I am so super lucky to get this chance. I'm so glad that BYU-I doesn't do "real" sports. I'll tell you what, anyone that thinks that can just come up here and play in one of their competetive intramurals and then tell me if they think it's real or not.
we've only had 2 girls kicked out of the league so far for getting into a hair pulling scratch your eyes out punch the nose fist fight. But that was the first game. sports here are just like sports at any other college except we don't travel. Elder Bednar said that when he was president during the conversion of Rick's college to BYU-I.
2 comments:
Haha, you still point your fingers when you play. I was always amused by that. :)
Beginner...pshh!! No time at all and you'll be showing THEM a thing or twenty.
Way to go Melis!!
you constantly amaze me! and, SHYA definitely NOT for the faint of heart! the way you are plucking that ball from right in front of that girl looks like you are not as rusty as some might think, i agree, are you the only one out there, or...... bunch of punks ;) and that first game must have been a doosey!! would have been fun to rush the field and give ém what for----just like old times,,,éh? you gotta have something to toot your horn about, other wise, it's just tooting, and that can stink! :) hahaha I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! i can't tell you how happy i am to finally be able to read it again!
Post a Comment