...was the longest, scariest day of my life. We went to the hospital at 4 am and at 6:15 pm Matthew was finally taken c-section. He was born with numerous unknown "complications."
38 hours later they flew us to Primary Children's Hospital to try to figure him out.
We were nervous, but so extremely happy at the same time just that he was here! After the c-section they wouldn't bring Matthew to me because the doctor said it might scare me (absurd) until I threatened the doctor that I was going to rip out my I.V. and go get him if he didn't bring me my baby right away. I didn't care if he was handicapped or disfigured, he was mine and I wanted him PRONTO! When the doctor handed me Matthew I looked in his eyes, Matthew looked in mine, and he said "Mommy, I'm just fine. That was a pretty rough birth and I am sore, but I'm so smart I am going to be one amazing man some day." I knew he was fine and the Spirit confirmed to me strongly that my son was going to be okay. That helped me a LOT through the next 2 weeks at Primary's. I wish Curt could have had that experience, because he looks back on it with feelings of anxiety and still a little anger at certain doctors. Even still people will say things like "oh that must've been so hard having matthew go through so much at birth" and things like that but I just think, wow, I don't remember it being such an awful thing. And now look. Turns out all of their theories were wrong. He didn't have hydrocephalus, he didn't have genetic disorders, he will never need a shunt. He was merely sick. Sick enough to permanently steal the ability to hear from his left ear, but he is JUST FINE. And smarter than any other little boy I know. (I may be just a bit prejudice on that :)
This was just after getting to Primary's. We look frazzled to say the least!

We love you so much Matthew! You make life so pleasant. You are always the jokester, and you already understand the concept of "don't dish it out if you can't take it." I have never met a more tolerant 3 yr old in my life! You are the best big brother in the world and it is obvious that Hailey already looks up to you and adores you to peices! What little sister wouldn't want a brother just like you?! You are so considerate, just like daddy said you would be in your baby blessing from Heavenly Father. You have yet to meet a little kid (even the mean bullies) that doesn't get along with you. You are a joy to be around. You shock me at least once every single day with your brilliance. I have no idea where you come up with some of the things that you say, but you are hilarious and so so so smart!! I hope that you will always be sensitive to the spirit and hope that you will grow a strong testimony of your very own. I am so greatful that Heavenly Father sent you to us. I know that He has a plan for each of us and yours plays a very vital part to the eternal plan. I feel blessed to call you Son. Love you little buddy!!!!
This was just after getting to Primary's. We look frazzled to say the least!
My Matthew
THREE YEARS OLD!!!
THREE YEARS OLD!!!
love, mommy
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Matthew!!
I felt this same way when he turned 1! and it continues. Happy Birthday Matthew! We love you very much!
Post a Comment