8.08.2014

More March 2014

It was still chilly but we love getting outside!
Soccer is just mixed in all spring/early summer long ok?  We had a fun season with Matthew and Hailey playing.  Matthew improved so much and Hailey learned a lot too.  She a natural, when she tries!  Her first couple of games she was a star scoring goals all the time and blowing through everyone with the ball.  But after that she just lost interest I think and cared way more about the socialization aspect and whether her hair was blowing in the wind like a pony or not and what the butterflies were doing and how many dandelions should could pick!  It was adorable and hard to sit through for an hour with a restless William that just wanted to be out on the field kicking the ball with the kids!

Matthew got on this hunting computer game kick.  He'd beg to play it so much and when we wasn't playing it he'd talk about it.  He'd talk about upgrades on his guns and special trophy hunts he did...I like to let them do things like this sometimes because then it becomes something I can give or take away depending on behavior.  A reward I guess.







Dancing, la dee dah.  ball?  what?  Oh look at that butterfly! You would think I'm crazy if I told you she scored 6 goals her first game.
I've been wanting to make rock candy with the kids for a long time so we did it!  We found a recipe and followed all the instructions and made lots of sticky messes and had way too many hands grabbing things.  And it didn't work.
we'll try again in 10 yrs.


He wasn't staying in his crib very well.  Our crib was older and it's lowest setting was not low enough for monkey man.  So we took it down and he got to sleep in the bottom bunk and Hailey finally got her princess bed and we finally got our California King so hailey could have our Full mattress.  I can't believe for 8 yrs we have slept on a full bed!
He's actually really good at painting nails and does very creative things with the colors.  He hates the smell so he doesn't do it often but look how Hailey beams!  
William's perch under the piano.
Matthew got a new suitcoat for Easter but he wanted to wear it before Easter.  I knew it wouldn't last long and he'll grow out of it so I said what the heck. 






Matthew learned how to blow bubbles this spring!


Matthew really wanted to show hailey and william the eatery above the grocery store so we got donuts and had a little mommy kid date.
Curt had this partially sketched canvas he'd picked up from a college student yard sale for free that has been sitting around for a year.  Hailey saw it and asked if she could paint on it and I told her have a blast.  I actually kind of like it and it still hangs in her room!

No comments: