At 7:53 am we welcomed William Crew into our family!!! He was a planned Cesarean. The surgery went smooth and he came out as healthy as could be! I had a moment of panic when they first pulled him out and said that he had a knot in his cord. I started gasping "Is he ok?! Is he alright? A knot?!" He was fine though. They showed him to me over the blue curtain and all I could say was "Look at his fat face!!!" What a chunker. Healthy 8 lb 4 oz 22 inches long! I knew he was going to be my biggest baby, but I did not know it would be by two pounds and three inches. Makes me feel better though, because I gained 28 exactly with Matthew and Hailey and 30 with William. Apparently it wasn't MY fault I gained 2 extra....

They had us check in at 5 am. It was so early, but didn't really matter because Curt and I had been up since just after 2:30. Curt had a really upset stomach and I was just anxious. Poor Curt had to come feeling like he had the stomach flu. I was chipper, just nervous!
We have been reading the Fablehaven series together. I read it years ago but just this last year or so Curt and I have started reading together. I've been reading him all of the best books :) I love it so much and so does Curt. I highly recommend it for any couple. So much better than watching movies together! Anyway it's a great way to pass the time too. We didn't have to wait too long though and they got things going.
I was tired. Two nights in a row of just a couple of hours of sleep (the night before was prior to matthew's MRI and I was too anxious to sleep much then either)
Hailey's C-section took a lot longer than Williams. Curt was filming it and then shut it off to take a little break RIGHT before they got William out, but that's ok because he got some good pictures anyways. I'm going to put the video on here just because it's pretty funny. You can't really even see anything gross, so don't worry about getting sick. They were concerned about Curt because he was kind of sick. You really have to watch the movie, it's funny. I'll put it at the bottom I guess.
Seeing my blood on his already nauseated stomach made it impossible to stay longer once they took William to the nursery, so the next pictures aren't until we were recovering back in our room.
The kids came with my parents for a little bit before lunch, but couldn't stay long because I wasn't in the room I was going to stay at yet and they needed to do vitals and stuff so they went home. Curt went home and took a nap so it was just William and I for a while. He and I bonded and had plenty of fun! He's such a mellow baby so far. When they brought him to my room he was already sucking on his fist. Hey, chubbers need to eat! He was a natural at nursing and has been wanting to eat all the time except for during a long afternoon nap.
When he's not hungry or sleeping he just very contentedly lies in his bed or in my arms looking around like this. I love his blonde hair! It is a lot thicker than it looks in the pictures.
They had me up walking around by 4:30 for a while. I feel great! Then my parents and the kids and Curt came back. The kids exchanged gifts. They had a cute little doggie for William and William "gave them" a pink my little pony and a nintendo DS! They were pretty ecstatic and thanked William profusely :) They really loved oogling at him in his bed and holding him.

















6 comments:
Oh MY GOODNESS! He is ADORABLE! Just adorable! I've been waiting all day to see pictures and he is just precious! You look so wonderful, Lissa! I hope you continue to recover well and quickly. Congrats! Love you!
(by the way, I watched the videos and they worked :) )
Totally agree...ADORABLE! Congrats!
ahhhh, sweet william~!!! and HE'S SO FLUFFY! you should be proud, he is absolutely wonderful! congratulations! also, you look so good during delivery, it's just unreal~ lucky! I LOVE YOU!
"Your muscles are amazing" dr. "Yeah they are" curt. HaHaHa!! Crackin jim and i up! Oh watching those videos were killing me, i want to be there so bad! I miss you and am so glad things went well!
WOw, this was so different than my c-section, but so interesting to watch- thanks for posting something even though its so personal! I liked it!
Beautiful baby, and I died laughing that he was two lbs heavy than your other two!! he's perfect!
Congrats!!! He is so beautiful!! Love those chubby babies!! Glad everyone is happy, healthy and you are feelin good!!
Post a Comment