Wednesday morning Dr. Allred asked me how I was doing and when I wanted to go home. I had mentioned previously about how fast I had gotten out of the hospital after having Hailey and how I would love to repeat that if I was well enough. I was doing just fine and everything looked good so he said we could leave that evening. The day seemed to go so slow because I was looking forward so much to getting home! My awesome amazing parents took the kids all day and let Curt come spend the entire time with me! The hospital even treated us to a complimentary fancy dinner of steak, shrimp, salad, cheesecake and sparkling cider. It was delicious! I wish I would have taken a picture of it :)
In the morning before Curt got there I had some time to shower and hang out with little William. His blonde hair was so cute in the sunlight.
Since Curt had felt so terrible and fluish the day before he hadn't ever even gotten to hold William! He didn't want to get the baby sick if it was catchy. We wonder if it was just something he ate though, because the next day he was feeling just fine and the kids never got sick. So this is when Curt first came and got to hold his little guy.
I haven't hardly gotten a turn to hold him since except for feeding and poop changing :) Curt is such a great dad!!!
Here's William's outfit for coming home. We were so ready to go!
Everything checked out with the carseat and we were out of there!
William still has his days and nights confused for the most part, so our first night was kind of hard. Hopefully we'll get that all straightened out and it will be better. Matthew and Hailey love having him home! They are so "helpful" and want to hold him and hug him and kiss him all the time. It kind of gets protective dad a little crazy :) But they are good kids. I was in the other room feeding William and I hear Hailey say "Where is my william?!" Curt says "MY william is in the other room with mommy." So she comes running in and smiles a huge grin "There is my baby." Matthew loves to sing to him and talk all high pitched "oh you are just such a cute little guy! aren't ya? You remember me the other day we met? I'm still your big brother, you know me!" They are too wonderful every single one of them. Parenthood gets better and better every day.







2 comments:
Congrats you guys! He is SO adorable! What a cute family! Hope he starts sleeping better (:
He is so beautiful Hailey! I hope you heal quick, and snuggle it up these next few weeks!
Post a Comment