8.14.2011

Montana visit


We had a fun short visit with Curt's family in Hamilton this weekend. Every other year we like to go up to the sapphire mine to try our luck for the big gems. One of these years we're going to find the $5000 beauty I'm sure! It is fun anyway just to get to hunt through them and really we do find some pretty ones that can be cut and be over 1 carat still. I'm thinking after 10 years we will have enough to make Hailey a pretty bracelet or something.


Matthew is a really good sapphire finder. He called it treasure hunting. Hailey just liked grabbing rocks and throwing them. Do you see her fat little fingers sneaking in?

So to keep her from trouble I took her over to the kiddie play area.
Matthew is holding up his "sapphire". It was really just a pretty rock, but it fooled one of the workers which got us excited because it was 19 carats. Then she got a second and third opinion and gave us the negative.
There is some kind of a butterfly invasion going on there in Hamilton. These white butterflies were EVERYWHERE not joking. Matthew really liked catching them.



I told Hailey to catch a butterfly and this is the pose that she repeatedly gave me.
My little explorers!
Always love a good visit with family! Curt's parents are so great. I am so lucky to have such wonderful inlaws!

2 comments:

Kit and Janet Andersen said...

Your kids look so much more grown up in pictures. I'm glad we can spend so much time with them now!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

these pictures are so cute! i seriously laughed out loud i adored them so much! matthew is such a little scientist!! what a guy! funny that he fooled a worker too, that would have been awesome a 19 carat beauty! WOWZAS! one of these times you are gonna really strike it!