We were able to go on a camping overnighter with our good friends, the Telfords. After mucho driving to try to find the perfect camp site we finally struck gold, and so did the mosquitoes! They were so bad there they pushed us out a little earlier than planned, but it worked out fine because the kiddos cooperated enough that we were able to do everything that we wanted to in one and a half days.
When we first got there the guys were curious about a mysterious fishy looking thing floating around out there. Curt was going to be brave and go get it but that didn't work out because my muscular, attractive, ridiculously amazing husband lacks perfection in one skill: swimming! Luckily Jim has the doggie paddle mastered and was able to cure their curiosity; it was just an almost dead carp, yuck! :)

Hailey was excited to go try out the water too!

unfortunately I was having so much fun that I forgot to take many pictures, but these are what I got so enjoy.
Curt was standing right under her. We're brave but not that brave!

that's camp dirt on his head, not a bruise! But can you see the millions of mosquito welts on his poor head?!

"Peace out, mom!" Hailey is the most gorgeous camper ever.

LAST possible minute before we left home Curt gave Matthew a haircut. He looks bald in this picture but I swear hair is there, it's just really really short.


We had so much fun! We went on a hike, and went swimming until I was shivering so hard I had to get out, and the guys got a teeny bit of fishing in and we stayed up late roasting s'mores after the kids went to bed....it was a fun filled couple of days! We would do it again next weekend if anyone can talk the mosquitoes into leaving us alone! Bug spray obviously was not enough.
3 comments:
WHAT FUN!!! jexten and matthew have the EXACT same haircut! jexten calls it his "man hair" hahhah(because it was long like a girl before/short like a man after) you get it. so kurt got the same 'do. :) what a fun camping spot! i love the great big smile on hailey's face sitting up in the tree! jexten says "i love you my brother matthew!!"
It's a lot of work to take kids camping, but well worth it. I think somehow the memories stay longer when you do things outdoors.
you people just make me smile :)
Post a Comment