When I was younger my nose used to bleed fairly often. I have always had a sensitive nose, and when you're young it gets bumped a lot in play. Occasionally I would just get them out of nowhere. I think this happens to most people, but sometimes I wonder if it happens too much to me.
My nose hasn't bled for a really long time. Tonight I just had a spaghetti and bread stick dinner in the works and all of a sudden my nose just started running with blood. Oh yes, it was gross. All of those with weak stomachs I apologize. Needless to say I was handicapped and could not do anything with dinner! Matthew was starving (we all were) and cranky and I couldn't make dinner! Luckily Curt had just happened to come home early today. He was here and he was able to completely take over for me.
Here was a pan of water boiling needing noodles added; meat thawed just needing to be cooked, seasoned, and sauces added; and bread dough about to rise out of the bowl it was so ready to be turned into bread sticks! And I could do nothing. The more I moved around the more blood came gushing out my nose.
Curt said, "Sit down. What do you need me to do?"
So I sat on the couch and gave Curt directions and he did everything!
Dinner was absolutely delicious.
What a man.
On another note, Matthew and I have been trying to soak up as much sun and playtime together as we can! Every day he wants me to come and play in the sandbox with him. And come on, honestly I love it too! We had a sandbox when I was little and I had so much fun.
The other day I was talking on the phone to a friend. Matthew quickly decided it was his turn and was so offended when I told him he couldn't talk right now. He cried and cried and was just in a bad mood when he realized I really wasn't going to let him talk. I felt awful, I really did. So as soon as I got off the phone I called up Vicky and said, "Matthew is really sad, is Adessa or Jexten available to talk to him? Just for a few minutes?" Vicky agreed and handed the phone off to Jexten, who she says loves talking to Matthew on the phone :)
These two had quite the conversation and when they were done Matthew was in such a good mood! Here's a little clip of those two chatting it up.
And finally the baby in my belly is doing good, and if you haven't already seen my pregnancy journal blog, then we find out if it's a girl or a boy on Sep 24th!!!! I'm really excited!!!
1 comment:
i wish i would have recorded what jexten was doing on the other end!! always hilarious! and yes. jexten and adessa both LOVE talking to mattew!! they were running up the stairs and the first to get to the top got the phone. the other had to wait their turn. jexten won this day and he was soooo very proud of himself!!
Post a Comment