I can't believe it! The ISDB (Idaho school for the deaf and blind) preschool is going to let Matthew come and learn with them every tuesday and thursday until the end of May!! I took him to his first day today, and he absolutely loved it. At first he wasn't sure it was something he was going to enjoy. When we woke up this morning I told him it was time to get ready for preschool. He said "I doen wanna go a preschool."
When it was time to come back home he said "I doen wanna leaf a preschool!"
Matthew is not quite 2 1/2, so he is much younger than the other kids. I think that is going to present a challenge to the teacher, but she said she's really excited to have him in her class when we were all done. So I guess she didn't change her mind! There will be plenty of activities that he is just too little to sit through, and she said that is fine. There are 5 other children in his class; two 5 yr olds, one 4 yr old, and two 3 yr olds. But one more barely 3 yr old will be joining them in a couple of weeks. I'm not too worried though. I'm not saying this to BRAG about Matthew or anything, but while I was there (I stayed the whole time this first time just to see how it works. Plus the assistant teacher won't be starting until next week, so Ms. Ranie was glad for the help) I was playing with the 4 yr old and a 3 yr old with some alphabet flash cards. These 2 girls (one has no disabilities and the other is hard of hearing but she sure didn't act like it) didn't know most of the alphabet. So like I said, I'm not boasting about Matthew, but I think that he is academically on most of these kids' level, just not as mature as they are to sit down and hold still for story time! And that is something that is learned best by watching others, so I think this preschool is just the perfect thing.
See how excited he was after preschool! Just kidding. I had to crop this picture. I was trying to take a "first day of school" photo of matthew, but he just wouldn't have it. So finally I just started playing funny games with him while holding the camera. I think here he's chasing me down the hall trying to catch me.
I told him to "look at mommy you little stinker" and he said "STINKER"
What can you do. I have a toddler who's ready for preschool but won't look at the camera and say cheese!
I'm so so so excited...
Curt's not at all.
In fact, he dreads our first day back: Thursday. dun dun dun.
I've become notorious for changing our entire class schedules one or two days before the semester starts. I think I've done it the last 3 semesters in a row. But it's figured out and we're ready to go (minus a few textbook returns and purchases..)
2 comments:
That is so crazy that he's in preschool already! Sounds like he'll do just great & that's awesome that he likes it so much! He is such a handsome little stud :)
he is just so darn cute!!! hay by the way, for some reason, i dont' have you on my list of people anymore! i had to get to your blog through mom and dad's!! maybe you can help me out with that. i'll keep working on it. i think i just have the wrong url address. i'll find it. anyways!! now i am off on a tangent! hahahh. i'm glad that he had such a good time!!
Post a Comment