Curt's gone hunting today. The past few saturdays have been like this. It's kind of sad because we are so busy all week long with school and then on Saturdays Curt has to go all day long to hopefully fill his tag. Since we only have one car now, Matthew and I are kind of stranded all day until Curt comes home. This is fine, except we get kind of bored. Matthew especially. I had plenty of homework to do this morning, but Matthew was having to cook up new game ideas. He came up with one that uh, well, wouldn't make Curt the happiest if he finds out! I mean when he finds out of course...
Game #1: tip over car seat (that Curt nicely left behind in case someone wants to take us somewhere) and stroller and stack all the toys he possibly can on them using just his pliars as grabbers. Oh, while wearing daddy's hat and of course no clothes again.
Game #2: I do watch Matthew. I was in the very same room has him, but I just had my back turned on the computer doing homework for my online Child Development class. He is pretty quick. All of a sudden I hear "Mommy!! I DID IT!!!" I turned around and saw him holding the front wheel of the stroller. We keep it folded up right under the window, and as I mentioned his last game included tipping it over and piling things on it. I guess it was ineresting to him and his amazing little hands that have such unusual dexterity could unscrew all the bobs and wobbins. I was actually able to put it back together, but it took some work. I'll have Curt look at it to make sure I did it right. There are a lot of little washers, springs, and different various pieces involved in a swiveling front wheel!
Good luck hunting honey! We're having all sorts of fun here!
3 comments:
yes, matthew, you did it! i have come to slightly fear that phrase.hahah, although i am very glad that they are learning and exploring, at the same time i am nervous -what DID you do? you can't help but love their little fingers so busily working on figuring out the way things work. their tiny little fingers. the crease of their wrists where they meet their sweet little arms. the chubby suntanned backs of their hands. the dimples at their knuckles.the way those chubby little digits so busily grasp a screw,or a bolt, and then they are filled with glee when they can twist it until it comes off!! THEY HAVE DONE IT! just like daddy!!! ooooohhhh how big and important it must make them feel!! all the while the sweet smell of cereal and milk breath rhythmically flows from their tongue moistened lips. their minds full of concentration and curiosity as they work. then, they look up at you with glittering, twinkling eyes, turkey tail hair still sticking up from laying on a warm pillow, and smile that smile that melts your heart. there they sit, the early morning light cascading through the window and it seems as angel's wings against their tiny backs. all you can do in that moment, is smile back, and take their picture. hoping that someday when they are grown and starting their own families that you can remember, if only that one sweet moment, that you were in heaven. Heaven's gift is in these precious spirits saved for these last days. i am infinitely grateful for my call of motherhood! aren't children great!!! matthew, you are a precious gem!
wow that's just beautiful Vicky!
thank you. i made myself cry while writing it.not that it's difficult or anything ;-)
Post a Comment