7.17.2009

McCoy creek

Whoops. I put the pictures all in backwards. If you read as you scroll normally it will make no sense at all. But it might be fun. I suggest scrolling to the bottom of the post and working your way UP the pictures. Yes, that will help.
And last but not least Matthew got a little EXTRA painting time while Daddy and Grandpa worked on the lock with a wire hanger after locking the keys in the car. They managed and we made it home in one peice with no major meltdowns!!!! Ok, well there was probably at least ONE...maybe 2. But it was a blast! Thank you mom and dad for letting us camp with you!!!



And Matthew wanted to join them.


We came across some merpeople while we were there!



Another case of the missing shorts. Typical.




We went swimming in the Resevoir. It was wonderful water! Rather windy.


Then we ate lunch and took a delightful and much needed nap!



Shortly thereafter Matthew fell in. Well no, he dove in. After he saw me dive in to rescue Grandma Janet's sunglasses. The second pair in a row that got tossed in the water. Sorry I couldn't save the first pair mom!


Here's the huge cutthroat Grandpa pulled out of that hole. We ate him too!



Daddy Curt fishing.



Grandpa Kit fishing.


Then Matthew got to do some fishing of his own with a plastic fish.




Then we went fishing again after breakfast. This picture is of Matthew playing in the truck, again.


Certainly not Grandpa Kit eating his licorice!



And who was going to tell him no?

A family picture with the fish. Matthew wanted to play in the truck...that's what his scowl is all about.


Curt caught this monstrous beast early on! Beautiful German Brown Trout. We ate him. The fish, not Curt.


Grandma Janet quickly distracted him with dandelion fluff.

First thing in the morning after Matthew woke up all he wanted to do was play in the car. Notice the tear streaked face because I wouldn't let him...yet.
..............................................................................................................................................
We went camping at McCoy Creek with my parents this weekend. It was absolutely wonderful! I love camping!

5 comments:

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

OH MY!! that looks like such a fun trip!! those fish were HUGE!! matthew is soo cute running around in nothing but his swim diaper!! you guys are in paradise!! truly Heaven On Earth. hope to see you soon!! love ya!!

The Andersens said...

Great Post Melissa, I especially liked reading as I scrolled up. Matthew is sooo cute. What a little stud.

Life as Linds said...

haha, sounds like you had a blast.

Regarding your comment on my post....Trust me...I am NOT starving. Its def hard to stay under 1000 cal. But it is doable and I am eating 3 meals plus a snack every day. I need to lose weight, bad. I am at a very unhealthy weight right now and I'm hoping i can stay motivated and get it down.

Thanks for the comment, hope you have a great week!

crystal carlson said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! That's awesome that Matthew does so well camping! I loved all of the pictures :)

Wendy and Spencer said...

I'm so glad it looks like you guys finally got in to WT/Donegal Bay! I cant believe Matthew is so big! When we moved wasn't he just walking? I still am impressed that you are so good touching fish and gross things like that!