I guess I should warn you. I like to talk about my family and I enjoy posting pictures of my oh so cute hubby and son.
Forgive the pics of me.
We spent the last few days on a wonderful trip to Montana to see Curt's family. It was so much fun, and the weather was perfect for us. We hiked a lot, went to a reception, and visited with all the fam. Lake Como was just gorgeous! Thank you again wonderful neighbors for letting us use the child backpack. It was a dream! Of course, Curt was the one who carried Matthew most of the time. Matthew loved riding along looking at the trees, naming all of the colors he saw and numbering the rocks. Anyone who is thinking about getting a backpack like that, DO IT!! We have to go out and get one of our own, because we think now we'll do it almost every week since it is soon to be summer!!! What great exercise too! I was surprised by how good Matthew was in there. I thought he would complain and want out a lot, but mostly he was content to swing back and forth on daddy's back and sing songs to us about the birds and spiders. I swear he turned 8 on that trip! He talks so much now and is such a goof ball!! He loves to make us laugh. Matthew just loved all of the attention, and especially from Papa and Mama Coates! And he LOVED the candy from his auntie! Bribery. :) But we have also now seriously entered the tantrum age (what?! but Matthew doesn't turn 2 for another month! Don't tell him that. I don't want these tantrums getting any worse!) All the same he is such a sweetie.
Curt got to pan for gold at the end of our Como hike. Didn't find anything except for small garnets. But I think he had fun anyway.
No siree, not with this paranoind mommy.
Oh, can't forget to slip in another hilarious sleeping picture. I caught him napping in his chair in his room with the easter eggs.
Still obsessed about them. Speaking of eggs and tantrums, he just had one today at my mom's because of those darn fake, plastic, good for nothing except to hold candy (or money *wink wink*) eggs.... Ahh toddlerhood.
On a side note, I had a birthday last week. 23! Oh I'm so old.
Curt's excuse? "Oh yeah, I forgot"
I love you HONEY!!!
3 comments:
Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had a great one! That's fun you were able to go to Montana & spend time with family! I loved the hike pictures, it looked like lots of fun! Matthew is getting so big and so cute!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip!
Melissa! I'm so glad you found our blog! I love yours, I can't believe that Matthew is almost 2! Man, kids grow up so fast. We miss you guys! I'm glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch.
Take care!
Post a Comment