This Easter was a blast! It was Matthew's first year hunting eggs. He is just like his daddy! Curt absolutely loves going out and hunting for things, whether it's antlers, gold, saphires, deer, rocks....and Matthew obviously has that gene. Ever since he hunted for the eggs, every time we go outside he looks all around at the ground and keeps saying, "eggs?" He'll pick up a rock and ask me if it's an egg and I'll say "No, that's a rock." So he throws it.
Matthew actually did really good and he overfilled his bucket. So I just picked up the eggs he dropped as we went. He was so in the zone!
My mom gave me a huge bucket of cookie cutters for christmas. They are Matthew's favorite thing in the world right now! He dumps them out and sorts them and names each cutter.
Here's a video of Matthew egg hunting.
This video is Matthew's new game. He'll go down like this and say "Oh no, I down down!" Which means I fell down!

We had a really good easter with Horse riding, 4-wheeler rides, house cleaning, picnics and a beautiful talk by my dad in sacrament meeting. But there was a bad part to the weekend. It was that last time we'll see Cody and Trish and wesley for a while. They moved to california today for Cody to go to medical school. We're all very proud of Cody and how hard he works in school so that he can provide for his family, but we are going to miss them SOOOO bad! Matthew's already asking for Wowie (wesley).
This was the beginning of their friendship, their first halloween party together!
Goodbye you guys! I hope we get to see you again soon! We love you!!!
3 comments:
I love the video!!
Looks like you had a great Easter! I loved all of the pictures--especially of Matthew hunting eggs, what a cutie!
Melissa, we miss you guys already. I almost started crying again when I read your post. I'm so glad that we got to know you so well and that the boys could become such close little cousins. If you guys can, we would love for you to come visit us. We sure love you!
Post a Comment