1.21.2009

Play Date

Today some of my neighbors and I got together at Brittany's house (my next door neighbor) for a playdate with our kids. Can I just say SOO FUN!!! It is so nice to get to spend some time with the girls and chit chat our hearts out while our kids run around fighting over toys yet being the best of friends! I think that the plan is to make this a weekly ritual, which I am all for. Being a mother is the best thing in the world, but it is sometimes a necessity to have interaction with other adults, especially ones that you can share common experiences or attitudes with. I have the best neighbors and ward in the world! We are so blessed to have come here at this time and have the friends that we do. Matthew is so cute with other kids too. Most of the kids his age in our ward are girls. Luckily two other boys are coming into the nursery this sunday, so it won't just be Matthew and six or seven girls. Today he spent most of his time reffing the squabbles between a couple of the girls. They would start to fight over something and matthew would be right there telling them "No No, Naughny!" ......................................................................................................................................................................................................




Here's a question though, what do you think about Matthew playing with baby dolls....a lot? I think that since it is mostly girls that he is around he's starting to observe their motherly attributes. His new favorite thing is to get a babydoll, elmo, teddybear or pretty much anything he can and wrap it up in a blanket. Then he throws it on the floor or the couch or something and says "shhh!" and signs sleep. Then he'll pick it back up and burp it. Today he even gave a babydoll a bottle at brittany's house. I think it's cute. Curt thinks it's kind of strange. I've heard that it develops good fathering skills too (they have to learn some time, right?).

I'll post pictures of Matthew's fathering skills later

1 comment:

Magen said...

Hey, Lissa, I totally understand about needing to talk to other adults...I wouldn't worry too much about Matthew (maybe dressing up in dresses--I might worry). I hope you guys are doing well... talk to you soon.