1.17.2009

Hike in Heise

Today we dropped Matthew off with the parents (thanks again Mom and Dad for watching our baby!) and Curt took me up Kelly Canyon to hike around the Heise area searching for dropped antler sheds. We didn't find any, unfortunately, but we sure did see some beautiful scenery, and we saw a lot of mule deer. There was only one buck with antlers, so we think that they've dropped, we just think that they shed them in the agricultural fields below because on the way home we saw about a hundred mule deer in one large alfalfa field. Sooooo....this means that they are pretty much unavailable to us. Bummer. But we did have a lot of fun. Maybe next time we'll wear snow shoes though. By the time we were done my legs were numb up to the knee from falling through the snow so much. When we first started hiking I mentioned something about how it will be nice to fall though the snow less than Curt because I weigh less, but I forgot to take into consideration the fact that my feet are much much smaller so my weight isn't dispersed as well as Curt's was.....so I fell through more. My pants were soaked almost to the hip. It was crazy! But I had so much fun honey! Thanks for taking me love.



This picture is kind of blurry because we were a long ways away, but the one on the far right is the buck we saw. Little guy. He probably hasn't shed his antlers yet because they are so light.

















No comments: