11.08.2008

Time Out? (this is a long one so look out!)


We set Matthew's playpen back up so that he would have a "time-out" zone if we need it, but I don't know if it's going to work out. He thinks of it more as a play zone!




We took down Matthew's old jumperoo. Matthew hasn't wanted to get in it for a long time now, but since it was sitting down on the ground he thought that it looked like fun so he climbed right in! What a goose! And in case you were wondering, that is chocolate all over the front of Matthew's onsie. He shared a chocolate pudding with me. He may look just like his dad, but I think that he got a couple of personality traits from me, with a major one being the love of chocolate and goodies!!! We've actually had a hard time getting Matthew to eat much right now. Since he learned the sign for candy that's all he asks for! It does take its toll though. Thursday I finally went to a dentist to get my cracked tooth fixed. That thing has been cavity ridden and cracked for over six months now. It wasn't bothering me, and I knew it would be expensive, so I put it off until last sunday another piece chipped off. I knew that I needed to schedule an appointment soon, so I did monday. The dentist claimed that I had one of the strongest jaw muscles he's ever dealt with. My jaw kept bending the needles when he tried to numb the area. I bent 4 needles before it was finally enough to deaden it so that I could stand the pain, even though it still hurt. I guess he just couldn't inject enough drugs because my jaw wouldn't let him. Crazy!! It was good to get that tooth fixed up (thank you so much mom for the help) but the bad news is that I have to go back for more. Yup....I have 3 more cavities that need work. None of them will be that bad. But boy am I thankful for technology and mecical personell! It is so nice to have my tooth good again. Well...when it rains it pours. After my dentist appointment we went to my parent's place for a visit and my mom noticed that matthew had a fever. He just thursday got off his 10 day cycle of antibiotics for his very first ear infection. The next day his fever got even worse so I took him to the doctor and discovered that he has strep throat! poor little guy! So now he's BACK on antibiotics. He liked the ones for his ear. he called it candy. But this stuff is nasty! Whenever he takes it (which he is SOOO good about. He closes his eyes real tight and opens his mouth like "I'm ready") he gulps it and then does a little gag and a shiver. I just hope that Curt and I don't get it or anybody else we're around. Curt has been incredibly helpful through everything. We've had quite a few nights with very little sleep with matthew being sick the past 2 weeks. Sometimes when matthew wakes up at night Curt just turns to me and says, "What do I need to do?" What a good husband! But even with all the help from Curt I'm still up a lot at night. It is really taking a toll on my grades. But I know that everything will turn out okay, and again, I am VERY grateful for doctors....and antibiotics. I don't know a whole lot about them, and I've heard good and bad things about them, but I do know that Matthew was very sick when he was born, and primary children's gave him some certain special antibiotics and he got better. Otherwise who knows how sick he may have gotten and if he would have even made it. So, you can say all you want about them, but I'm for using them (as long as it is with prudence). Well, I guess I'll close for now. Thanks for sticking through my lengthy look into our crazy lives!

No comments: