11.18.2008

Cheese, Geese and other birds



Here's Matthew's "Cheese" face. Only he calls it Geeeeeese. He loves smiling for the camera now.





Today Curt and I were very burned out from school and everything, so we took a quick trip up to Henry's Lake in Island Park. Curt is a Geology minor, but sometimes I think that he should be a Geology major. He loves rocks and things like that. I think it's cool and all, but I don't know nearly as much as him.


That's me posing with a beautiful rock specimen of some sort.






Here's what Matthew did while we looked at rocks. I propped his coat up under his head because his poor chin was clear down on his chest and I was afraid he'd wake up cranky from a kinked neck! Poor guy, that can't be very comfortable...but he took a nice long nap.

We also went bird watching. Curt has a wildlife managment class where he is supposed to write down as many new birds that he sees as he can. He's got this awesome little bird book and everything. I love that!! Curt said that I was good luck, because we saw 4 new birds today!!! Usually he's lucky if he sees one new one on any particular outing.

And this is what matthew did while we were bird watching...slept. See, he did take a long nap!!! He eventually did wake up, but the camera batteries were dead by then. There was the most beautiful sunset! I was so dissappointed that the camera was dead. We had such a good time. It was a much needed break!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey! It's been forever! Glad that you guys found our blog! Since it's been forever let me say Congrats Curt on getting married and congrats to you guys on the little boy! He is adorable!

Brittany said...

Nice blog Melissa.
email us your email. We'd like to invite you to our blog.
Brittany
far08009@byui.edu