I'm not sure I have fully accepted the fact that my oldest is in first grade already! He gets on the bus at 7:50 am and is not home until 3:00 pm. We miss him so bad while he is gone but holy smokes he is LOVING school. Like so much more than he loved kindergarten, which is weird. I think it's because he has always loooooooved learning!
I love my goofy first grader
Hailey had to get in the mix
Waiting for the bus is kind of a fun thing for Hailey and William (and I love it too!). Sometimes it's rough though if I have to wake them up from their naps. She was grumpy here.
William loves waiting for the bus because he can practice walking up and down and up and down the sidewalk.
His favorite things about his first day were recess, wearing a name tag, riding the bus BOTH ways, writing, and lunch time (because he got to eat with his friends). He has made some new friends and also has some old friends in his class again this year. We were warned that the adjustment to first grade is hard for most kids and to expect exhaustion and rough behavior for the first week but he comes home happier than ever every day and has plenty of energy (after a little snack of course!) School suits him well! I asked him if it was a long day and he said "No! It was so fast I almost wanted to stay longer!"
No comments:
Post a Comment