8.30.2013

McCoy Creek campout

We had to do our annual camping trip at McCoy creek!  This year was as good as ever, but Palisades Reservoir is so low it was basically a creek until you get down to the North end.  Since McCoy is on the south end we didn't have any water to play in there so we had to drive a ways to a swimming spot and the water was freezing!!  
Matthew brought his beloved bug net of course and they caught some pretty awesome creatures.  This has definitely been the summer of bug collecting for Matthew.  He knows more about them than I do!


 A friendly game of horseshoes followed dinner until it got too dark to see the pegs clearly.  I had some amazing beginners luck!  And apparently I throw it wrong.
 Wrong or not I still beat Curt :)
 The next day we went for a good long walk while Matthew and Curt were off metal detecting.  There are a lot of gold panning claims up that creek so Curt thought it couldn't hurt to check.

 Not sure why William got suddenly camera shy....

 A good nap on the bridge fixed his wagon and Hailey got to play with grandma in the creek for a long time!
 This was on the drive to the swimming hole.  I think it was big elk creek?
 I love my awesome incredible little family!

 Thanks mom and dad for the fun campout!!!













No comments: