We have been wanting to get up to Montana to see Curt's family all summer but have just been so busy! So finally we just said, "That's it, we're going this weekend" and made the trip up there. It was a long 5 hrs in the car but we made plenty of stops. I always bring our camera with us but seems like I get too busy and don't get it out much. What a shame.
Here they are catching butterflies. There's always plenty!
Saturday morning we hit a bunch of yard sales. It was a good day for Hailey! we scored a suitcase full of barbies/accessories for $5! When I found it and opened it I got chills I was so excited. haha We also found a jewelry box full of little girl type stuff also with a bunch of silver rings and chains, so it more than paid for itself. We ended up leaving the box with Venice because she needed a jewelry box more than Hailey.
Venice gave Matthew a quarter before we left for the yardsales and he purchased a huge spiderman coloring book. It was perfect because it kept him very happy on the drive home too!
I just had to take a picture of this hilarious gas station door. I see it every time we go to Montana, it's where we always gas up before we leave but I finally took a picture. Oh Montana.
Going through the pass between Salmon, Id and Sula, Mt we started to notice a lot of hazy smoke. The closer we got to Salmon the smokier it got and it started to get orange, so we figured we were pretty close to a forest fire. In Salmon we took a potty break and Curt asked the lady working at Subway where the fire was. She told him that a couple of days before a thunder storm came through and started 32 fires in that area!!!
I wish I would have gotten more pictures. We went to Como Lake one day and visited with a lot of family all the time. We had lots of fun and I'm glad we could make the drive before William gets here





No comments:
Post a Comment