8.22.2012

Matthew's first day of KINDERGARTEN!!!

I can't believe that my big kid is going to elementary now!  Today was a big day that we have been looking forward to with much anticipation and anxiety (on my part).  I didn't even get a chance to savor it or tear up or anything because his teacher ripped it like a bandaid "line up here kids, ok follow me!" and they walked right into the school to his class.  I kind of had to chase the teacher down to let her know a little about his BAHA!  Probably best that way.  I was the most nervous about the bus ride home though, about him getting on the right bus and off at the right place.  But they had it all figured out, of course.  Are most people this nervous about their first's first day of kindergarten?


He wanted me to take a picture of his batman backpack


 Hailey wanted a picture too :)
 And then photo time was over because Matthew found a moth.
 He picked a place at the school for me to take his picture.  The sun was behind me so he wouldn't really look at me.  Plus he was really distracted by all the kids!  I think he looks pensive

Here they are lined up ready to go into the school.  I wish I knew the moms of these other boys in the row.  I would send them this picture!  All have basically the same expression!!


He was sitting right up in the front seat where I could see him as the bus pulled up.  He climbed down those stairs and jumped off like such a big boy!  Then he ran over to me faster than I could get off another picture and gave me a big hug.  He was so happy it made my heart swell!

Life moves so fast!

No comments: